New York, New York
Tuesday-Sunday 10 am - 6 pm
Open Thursday & Friday until 9 pm
Explore contemporary and historic innovation in craft, art, and design in a lovely setting overlooking Central Park.
$: $15, Free/18 and under
Annual Memberships: $75+.
Free Hours: Thursdays 6:00 pm - 9:00 pm
Current Kid-Friendly Exhibits:
•Surface/Depth: The Decorative After Miriam Schapiro (through Sep 9)
See pioneering feminist Miriam Schapiro’s "femmages, distinctive hybrids of painting and collage inspired by women’s domestic arts and crafts as well works by a select group of contemporary artists highlighting the tremendous role Schapiro played in the reframing of craft and decoration. Pretty patterns, so much color, and thought-provoking sculptures.
Family Programs: The first Sunday afternoon of each month drop into Studio Sunday to create art inspired by current exhibits (and a stunning Central Park/Columbus Circle view). Projects that can be adapted to any age are led by patient educators.
Strollers/Diapers: Elevator access everywhere and changing tables in the bathrooms on the top & bottom floors
Eat & Treats: Stroll across Broadway for delicious French pastries and bread from Maison Kayser and Italian gelato from Grom.
At This Location
- Surface/Depth: The Decorative After Miriam Schapiro Tuesday, May 22–Sunday, September 9 10:00 am–6:00 pm
- MADmakes Thursday, September 13 6:00 pm–8:00 pm
- Studio Sunday & MADreads Sunday, October 7 10:00 am–1:00 pm
- MADmakes Thursday, October 11 6:00 pm–8:00 pm
- Studio Sunday & MADreads Sunday, November 4 10:00 am–1:00 pm
- MADmakes Thursday, November 8 6:00 pm–8:00 pm
- Studio Sunday & MADreads Sunday, December 2 10:00 am–1:00 pm
- MADmakes Thursday, December 13 6:00 pm–8:00 pm
- Studio Sunday & MADreads Sunday, January 6 10:00 am–1:00 pm
- MADmakes Thursday, January 10 6:00 pm–8:00 pm