New York, New York
Tuesday-Thursday 10:30 am - 5 pm
Friday 10:30 am - 9 pm
Saturday 10 am - 6 pm
Sunday 11 am - 6 pm
Explore the gorgeous former private library of Gilded Age financier Pierpont Morgan and see illuminated, literary, and historical manuscripts, early printed books (including some children’s favorites), and old master drawings and prints.
$: $18, $12/students & seniors, free/12 and under
Annual Memberships: $75+.
Free Hours: Friday 7 - 9 pm
Favorite Spots: Admire the three-story inlaid walnut bookshelves, period furniture, and magnificent ceiling, in the grand East Room, i.e. the library of your dreams.
Current Kid-Friendly Exhibits:
•Tolkien: Maker of Middle-earth (through May 12)
See an extensive display of J.R.R. Tolkien materials including Tolkien’s original illustrations, maps, draft manuscripts, and designs related to The Hobbit, The Lord of the Rings, and The Silmarillion plus family photographs and memorabilia.
Storytimes: Ages 3 and up are invited to hear historical tales in a luxurious library. Sunday 3 -4 pm.
Eat & Treats: Grab a plate of fast-casual new American dishes using farm-fresh ingredients at Freshbites (56 East 34 Street) or sandwiches made from authentic simits (turkish bagel) and mini fig cookies at Simit Sarayi (Fifth Avenue @ 39th Street).
At This Location
- Tolkien: Maker of Middle-earth Friday, January 25–Sunday, May 12 10:30 am–5:00 pm
- Morgan Explorers: Family Drop-in Museum Experience Sunday, March 10 1:30 pm–3:00 pm
- Living Landscapes: Map Your Own Fantasy World Saturday, April 13 11:00 am–1:00 pm
- Morgan Explorers: Family Drop-in Museum Experience Sunday, April 14 1:30 pm–3:00 pm
- Morgan Explorers: Family Drop-in Museum Experience Sunday, May 12 1:30 pm–3:00 pm
- Morgan Explorers: Family Drop-in Museum Experience Sunday, June 9 1:30 pm–3:00 pm