New York, New York
Upper East Side
11 am - 5:45 pm, closed Wednesdays
Explore the global Jewish experience through works of fine art, Judaica, antiquities, folk art, ceremonial objects, and broadcast media intelligently organized in gorgeous galleries and play in the small but engaging Archaeology Zone.
$: $15, free/ages 18 & under
Annual Memberships: $75+.
Free Hours: Thursdays 5-8 pm
Favorite Spots: In the fascinating and friendly Archaeology Zone, children learn what happens after archaeologists unearth artifacts. Search for clues about objects dating from ancient times to the present day, dress up and play in a Moroccan home, create works of art inspired by unique objects in the Museum’s collection and more.
Current Kid-Friendly Exhibits:
Marc Camille Chaimowicz: Your Place or Mine… (through Aug 5)
See pretty wallpaper and furniture by Polish/Jewish/French/Catholic artist Marc Camille Chaimowicz plus cross-disciplinary work in painting, drawing, collage, sculpture, installation,, lighting, ceramics and textiles.
Family Programs: Sunday family programs include drop-in art workshops, storytimes and occasional family concerts.
Eat & Treats: Nosh on smoked fish platters, bagels and bialys, knishes, egg creams, babka and more Jewish-American classic foods at the new in-museum outpost of iconic Lower East Side appetizing shop Russ & Daughters.
- Marc Camille Chaimowicz: Your Place or Mine… Thursday, March 15–Sunday, August 5 10:00 am–6:00 pm
- Picture This! Gallery Tour, Art Workshop & Concert Sunday, September 16 10:00 am–12:30 pm
- Picture This! Gallery Tour, Art Workshop & Concert Sunday, October 21 10:00 am–12:30 pm
- Picture This! Gallery Tour, Art Workshop & Concert Sunday, November 18 10:00 am–12:30 pm
- Picture This! Gallery Tour, Art Workshop & Concert Sunday, December 16 10:00 am–12:30 pm