New York, New York
Upper East Side
11 am - 5:45 pm, closed Wednesdays
Explore the global Jewish experience through works of fine art, Judaica, antiquities, folk art, ceremonial objects, and broadcast media intelligently organized in gorgeous galleries and play in the small but engaging Archaeology Zone.
$: $15, free/ages 18 & under
Annual Memberships: $75+.
Free Hours: Thursdays 5-8 pm
Favorite Spots: In the fascinating and friendly Archaeology Zone, children learn what happens after archaeologists unearth artifacts. Search for clues about objects dating from ancient times to the present day, dress up and play in a Moroccan home, create works of art inspired by unique objects in the Museum’s collection and more.
Current Kid-Friendly Exhibits:
•Leonard Cohen: A Crack in Everything (through Sep 8)
Explore beloved musician/poet/cultural icon Leonard Cohen through the lens of contemporary art with large-scale installations, interactive artworks, and a multimedia sound gallery that pay tribute to Cohen’s vibrant creativity/
Family Programs: Sunday family programs include drop-in art workshops, storytimes and occasional family concerts.
Eat & Treats: Nosh on smoked fish platters, bagels and bialys, knishes, egg creams, babka and more Jewish-American classic foods at the new in-museum outpost of iconic Lower East Side appetizing shop Russ & Daughters.
At This Location
- Leonard Cohen: A Crack in Everything Saturday, April 20–Sunday, September 8 10:00 am–6:00 pm
- Jewish Museum Pay-What-You-Wish Hours Thursday, April 25 5:00 pm–8:00 pm
- Picture This! Gallery Tour, Art Workshop & Concert: Hot Peas N’ Butter Sunday, April 28 10:00 am–12:30 pm
- Jewish Museum Studio Art Sessions Sunday, April 28 1:00 pm–4:00 pm
- Jewish Museum Pay-What-You-Wish Hours Thursday, May 2 5:00 pm–8:00 pm
- Jewish Museum Studio Art Sessions Sunday, May 5 1:00 pm–4:00 pm
- Jewish Museum Pay-What-You-Wish Hours Thursday, May 9 5:00 pm–8:00 pm
- Jewish Museum Studio Art Sessions Sunday, May 12 1:00 pm–4:00 pm
- Art Explorers: Family Tour & Art Workshop for Preschoolers Tuesday, May 14 4:00 pm–5:00 pm
- Jewish Museum Pay-What-You-Wish Hours Thursday, May 16 5:00 pm–8:00 pm