New York, New York
Upper East Side
11 am - 5:45 pm, closed Wednesdays
Explore the global Jewish experience through works of fine art, Judaica, antiquities, folk art, ceremonial objects, and broadcast media intelligently organized in gorgeous galleries and play in the small but engaging Archaeology Zone.
$: $15, free/ages 18 & under
Annual Memberships: $75+.
Free Hours: Thursdays 5-8 pm
Favorite Spots: In the fascinating and friendly Archaeology Zone, children learn what happens after archaeologists unearth artifacts. Search for clues about objects dating from ancient times to the present day, dress up and play in a Moroccan home, create works of art inspired by unique objects in the Museum’s collection and more.
Current Kid-Friendly Exhibits:
•Accumulations: Hanukkah Lamps (through Feb 28)
See over 80 Hanukah lamps representing four continents and six centuries of artistic production from the largest collection of Hanukkah lamps in the world, amassed over the 114 years of the Museum's existence. Also join a faux archeological dig in the interactive Kids Zone and see striking modern art in Chagall, Lissitzky, Malevich: The Russian Avant-Garde in Vitebsk, 1918-1922.
Family Programs: Sunday family programs include drop-in art workshops, storytimes and occasional family concerts.
Eat & Treats: Nosh on smoked fish platters, bagels and bialys, knishes, egg creams, babka and more Jewish-American classic foods at the new in-museum outpost of iconic Lower East Side appetizing shop Russ & Daughters.
At This Location
- Accumulations: Hanukkah Lamps Monday, December 3–Thursday, February 28 10:00 am–6:00 pm
- Jewish Museum Art Workshop: Dream Tree Collages & Archaeology Monday Monday, January 21 1:00 pm–5:00 pm
- Jewish Museum Pay-What-You-Wish Hours Wednesday, January 23 5:00 pm–8:00 pm
- Jewish Museum Studio Art Sessions Sunday, January 27 1:00 pm–4:00 pm
- Jewish Museum Pay-What-You-Wish Hours Wednesday, January 30 5:00 pm–8:00 pm
- Jewish Museum Studio Art Sessions Sunday, February 3 1:00 pm–4:00 pm
- Jewish Museum Pay-What-You-Wish Hours Wednesday, February 6 5:00 pm–8:00 pm
- Jewish Museum Studio Art Sessions Sunday, February 10 1:00 pm–4:00 pm
- Art Explorers: Family Tour & Art Workshop for Preschoolers Tuesday, February 12 4:00 pm–5:00 pm
- Jewish Museum Pay-What-You-Wish Hours Wednesday, February 13 5:00 pm–8:00 pm