New York, New York
West Village/East Village
Monday & Wednesday 12-5 pm
Thursday & Friday 12-6 pm
Saturday & Sunday 10 am-5 pm
This delightful, inviting space features self guided art exploration for ages 10 months-15 years. Experiment with sculpture, paints, textiles, sound design, animation, and clay in daily open workshops led by teaching artists and explore rotating exhibitions by established and emerging contemporary artist.
$: $5.50 at this link, free/ages under 1 & 65+
Annual Memberships: $175+. Unlimited admission for all children from one household & two accompanying adults, exclusive access to the museum before general hours on select school holidays, discounts on classes
Free Hours: Thursdays 4-6pm
Current Kid-Friendly Exhibits:
•Ellen Harvey: Ornaments and Other Refrigerator Magnets (through Apr 28)
See a selection of British Brooklynite Ellen Harvey’s new and recent works. Ornamentation, the action of decorating, acts as a starting point for a wide-ranging exploration of the uses, abuses and relevance of the human desire to ornament. Through her exploration of the human inclination to decorate, embellish, and adorn...
Family Programs: Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday 10:45 am-12 pm, kids up to 5 years old can join WEE Arts Drop-in Session for art making at different stations and music time. $25/family
Strollers/Diapers: Strollers must be collapsed and stored in cubbies in the lobby.
Eat & Treats: Get energy for creativity with seasonal, farm-to-table food at Dig Inn (350 Hudson Street between King & Charlton) or sit-down Westville (210 W 10th St). Also visit Jacques Torre's nearby chocolate museum.
- Ellen Harvey: Ornaments and Other Refrigerator Magnets Thursday, December 7–Saturday, April 28 10:00 am–6:00 pm
- Peanuts Global Artist Collective Friday, April 20–Saturday, July 21 All Day
- Children’s Museum of the Arts WEE Arts Wednesday, April 25 1:45 pm–3:00 pm
- Children’s Museum of the Arts Pay-As-You-Wish Hours Thursday, April 26 4:00 pm–6:00 pm
- New Museum Pay-As-You-Wish Hours Thursday, April 26 7:00 pm–9:00 pm
- Children’s Museum of the Arts WEE Arts Wednesday, May 2 1:45 pm–3:00 pm
- Children’s Museum of the Arts Pay-As-You-Wish Hours Thursday, May 3 4:00 pm–6:00 pm
- New Museum Pay-As-You-Wish Hours Thursday, May 3 7:00 pm–9:00 pm
- Children’s Museum of the Arts WEE Arts Wednesday, May 9 1:45 pm–3:00 pm
- Children’s Museum of the Arts Pay-As-You-Wish Hours Thursday, May 10 4:00 pm–6:00 pm