New York, New York
Monday & Wednesday 12-5 pm
Thursday & Friday 12-6 pm
Saturday & Sunday 10 am-5 pm
This delightful, inviting space features self guided art exploration for ages 10 months-15 years. Experiment with sculpture, paints, textiles, sound design, animation, and clay in daily open workshops led by teaching artists and explore rotating exhibitions by established and emerging contemporary artist.
$: $5.50 at this link, free/ages under 1 & 65+
Annual Memberships: $175+. Unlimited admission for all children from one household & two accompanying adults, exclusive access to the museum before general hours on select school holidays, discounts on classes
Free Hours: Thursdays 4-6pm
Current Kid-Friendly Exhibits:
•Way With Words: The Power and Art of the Book (through Apr 29)
See artworks which draw attention to the long and remarkable history of the book. See unconventional treatments such as cutting, weaving, tearing, burning, and shredding, as artists transform books into sculptures, animation, drawings, and paintings that capture the book’s significant history and power to inform the public. Also create artworks inspired by the exhibition.
Family Programs: Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday 10:45 am-12 pm, kids up to 5 years old can join WEE Arts Drop-in Session for art making at different stations and music time. $25/family
Strollers/Diapers: Strollers must be collapsed and stored in cubbies in the lobby.
Eat & Treats: Get energy for creativity with seasonal, farm-to-table food at Dig Inn (350 Hudson Street between King & Charlton) or sit-down Westville (210 W 10th St). Also visit Jacques Torre's nearby chocolate museum.
At This Location
- Color Factory Circle Game Saturday, October 6–Monday, December 31 9:00 am–10:00 am
- Way With Words: The Power and Art of the Book Thursday, November 29–Monday, April 29 10:00 am–5:00 pm
- Children’s Museum of the Arts WEE Arts Wednesday, December 12 1:45 pm–3:00 pm
- Museum of Arts and Design (MAD) Pay-As-You-Wish Hours Thursday, December 13 4:00 pm–6:00 pm
- New Museum Pay-As-You-Wish Hours Thursday, December 13 7:00 pm–9:00 pm
- Children’s Museum of the Arts WEE Arts Wednesday, December 19 1:45 pm–3:00 pm
- Museum of Arts and Design (MAD) Pay-As-You-Wish Hours Thursday, December 20 4:00 pm–6:00 pm
- New Museum Pay-As-You-Wish Hours Thursday, December 20 7:00 pm–9:00 pm
- Children’s Museum of the Arts WEE Arts Wednesday, December 26 1:45 pm–3:00 pm
- Museum of Arts and Design (MAD) Pay-As-You-Wish Hours Thursday, December 27 4:00 pm–6:00 pm