The Bronx Zoo
2300 Southern Blvd Bronx
$23.95/adults, $19.95/ages 3-12, $21.95/seniors, free/ages 1 & under
See tigers, bears, gorillas and over 650 other species of awesome animals at the largest metropolitan zoo in the US. Tons of indoor and outdoor attractions. Expect lots of walking but strollers welcome and the roads are scenic with pretty trees (and some bold peacocks).
* Learn about gorillas and watch them play in the mostly indoors Congo Gorilla Forest.
* Ride on a ladybug on the Bug Carousel.
* Pet and feed sheep, cows and more in the charming Children’s Zoo (seasonal).
* See lions, giraffes, zebras and more on the African Plains. Get up to close the giraffes indoors in the winter.
* Strollers can get just about anywhere in the zoo, and all the bathrooms have changing tables.
Join Bronx Zoo educators for free monthly sessions along the lovely River Walk that connect families to the local environment through unstructured free-play exploration and investigation. Online registration required. Includes free Zoo parking but not admission to the Zoo gates.More Info