Queens, New York
Monday–Friday 9:30 am–5 pm
Saturday–Sunday 10 am–6 pm
Founded at the 1964–65 World’s Fair, this center for interactive science features lots of fun hands-on learning opportunities, intriguing exhibits, awesome 4D films, an engineering-themed outdoor playground and interesting family programs that make it worth the trip to Queens.
$: $15, $12/ages 2 – 17, students & seniors
Annual Memberships: $85+.
Free Hours: Friday 2:00 –5:00 pm & Sundays 10:00 –11:00 am.
Current Kid-Friendly Exhibits:
•Gingerbread Lane (through Jan 21)
Marvel at the largest gingerbread village in the world. Lots of fun details to discover including cable cars and subway stations, all made from only edible ingredients: gingerbread, royal icing and candy. Make your own gingerbread houses or trains weekend GingerBread Lane Workshops ($15, reserve in advance). A great excuse to visit the entertaining, interactive science exhibits at the museum.
•Connected Worlds (through Dec 31)
Explore a fantastical animated world where your actions – gestures, movements, and decisions – impact how well the world is kept in balance. Six magical, computer generated habitats: jungle, desert, wetlands, river valley, reservoir, and grasslands -have their own trees, plants, and animals, but they share a common supply of water. The habitats are fed by a central waterfall that is projected 38-ft high in the exhibitions and flows out across an interactive floor that spans 2,300 square feet. As visitors explore and play, their actions – gestures, movements, decisions – have both short and long-term effects on the digital...
Eat & Treats: Try one of the signature subs or Italians pastries at Leo's Latticini Mama's, a historic (opened in 1920) Italian deli.
At This Location
- Connected Worlds Saturday, April 1–Tuesday, December 31 10:00 am–6:00 pm
- Gingerbread Lane Saturday, November 10–Monday, January 21 10:00 am–6:00 pm
- New York Hall of Science Free Hours Thursday, January 17 2:00 pm–5:00 pm
- New York Hall of Science Free Hours Saturday, January 19 10:00 am–11:00 am
- New York Hall of Science Free Hours Thursday, January 24 2:00 pm–5:00 pm
- New York Hall of Science Free Hours Saturday, January 26 10:00 am–11:00 am
- New York Hall of Science Free Hours Thursday, January 31 2:00 pm–5:00 pm
- New York Hall of Science Free Hours Saturday, February 2 10:00 am–11:00 am
- New York Hall of Science Free Hours Thursday, February 7 2:00 pm–5:00 pm
- New York Hall of Science Free Hours Saturday, February 9 10:00 am–11:00 am