Queens, New York
Monday–Friday 9:30 am–5 pm
Saturday–Sunday 10 am–6 pm
Founded at the 1964–65 World’s Fair, this center for interactive science features lots of fun hands-on learning opportunities, intriguing exhibits, awesome 4D films, an engineering-themed outdoor playground and interesting family programs that make it worth the trip to Queens.
$: $15, $12/ages 2 – 17, students & seniors
Annual Memberships: $85+.
Free Hours: Friday 2:00 –5:00 pm & Sundays 10:00 –11:00 am.
Current Kid-Friendly Exhibits:
•Animation Academy: From Pencils to Pixels (through Sep 9)
Explore animation technology and see your favorite animated characters come to life. Create stop-motion animated shorts, learn about the art of storyboarding, create animation drawings, and enter the set of the Simpsons and more. Favorite animated characters, such as Gumby, explain the process of creating clay puppets and shooting stop-motion animation. Also see the world’s largest traveling 3D Zoetrope, authentic stop motion sets and puppets and a look at the career of Chuck Jones.
•Connected Worlds (through Dec 31)
Explore a fantastical animated world where your actions – gestures, movements, and decisions – impact how well the world is kept in balance. Six magical, computer generated habitats: jungle, desert, wetlands, river valley, reservoir, and grasslands -have their own trees, plants, and animals, but they share a common supply of water. The habitats are fed by a central waterfall that is projected 38-ft high in the exhibitions and flows out across an interactive floor that spans 2,300 square feet. As visitors explore and play, their actions – gestures, movements, decisions – have both short and long-term effects on the digital...
Eat & Treats: Try one of the signature subs or Italians pastry's at Leo's Latticini Mama's, a historic (opened in 1920) Italian deli.
At This Location
- Connected Worlds Saturday, April 1–Monday, December 31 10:00 am–6:00 pm
- Animation Academy: From Pencils to Pixels Sunday, July 1–Sunday, September 9 10:00 am–6:00 pm
- New York Hall of Science Free Hours Friday, August 24 2:00 pm–5:00 pm
- New York Hall of Science Free Hours Sunday, August 26 10:00 am–11:00 am
- New York Hall of Science Free Hours Friday, August 31 2:00 pm–5:00 pm
- New York Hall of Science Free Hours Sunday, September 2 10:00 am–11:00 am
- New York Hall of Science Free Hours Friday, September 7 2:00 pm–5:00 pm
- New York Hall of Science Free Hours Sunday, September 9 10:00 am–11:00 am
- New York Hall of Science Free Hours Friday, September 14 2:00 pm–5:00 pm
- New York Hall of Science Free Hours Sunday, September 16 10:00 am–11:00 am