Queens, New York
Monday–Friday 9:30 am–5 pm
Saturday–Sunday 10 am–6 pm
Founded at the 1964–65 World’s Fair, this center for interactive science features lots of fun hands-on learning opportunities, intriguing exhibits, awesome 4D films, an engineering-themed outdoor playground and interesting family programs that make it worth the trip to Queens.
$: $15, $12/ages 2 – 17, students & seniors
Annual Memberships: $85+.
Free Hours: Friday 2:00 –5:00 pm & Sundays 10:00 –11:00 am.
Current Kid-Friendly Exhibits:
•Connected Worlds (through Dec 31)
Explore a fantastical animated world where your actions – gestures, movements, and decisions – impact how well the world is kept in balance. Six magical, computer generated habitats: jungle, desert, wetlands, river valley, reservoir, and grasslands -have their own trees, plants, and animals, but they share a common supply of water. The habitats are fed by a central waterfall that is projected 38-ft high in the exhibitions and flows out across an interactive floor that spans 2,300 square feet. As visitors explore and play, their actions – gestures, movements, decisions – have both short and long-term effects on the digital...
Eat & Treats: Try one of the signature subs or Italians pastries at Leo's Latticini Mama's, a historic (opened in 1920) Italian deli.
At This Location
- Connected Worlds Saturday, April 1–Monday, December 31 10:00 am–6:00 pm
- New York Hall of Science Free Hours Friday, October 19 2:00 pm–5:00 pm
- Make It: Lightsabers Saturday, October 20 1:30 pm–3:00 pm
- New York Hall of Science Free Hours Sunday, October 21 10:00 am–11:00 am
- Chemistry Day Sunday, October 21–Sunday, October 28 11:00 am–4:00 pm
- Make It: Lightsabers Sunday, October 21 1:30 pm–3:00 pm
- New York Hall of Science Free Hours Friday, October 26 2:00 pm–5:00 pm
- Make It: Lightsabers Saturday, October 27 1:30 pm–3:00 pm
- New York Hall of Science Free Hours Sunday, October 28 10:00 am–11:00 am
- Make It: Lightsabers Sunday, October 28 1:30 pm–3:00 pm