New York, New York
West Village/East Village
Wednesday - Sunday 11 am - 6pm, open until 9 pm on Fridays
Always something interesting to see – or interact with – in the rotating exhibits at Manhattan’s only dedicated contemporary art museum.
$: $16, $14/seniors, free/ages 17 & under
Annual Memberships: $60+.
Favorite Spots: Check out a great view from the top floor Sky Room (open Saturdays & Sundays)
Current Kid-Friendly Exhibits:
•Trigger: Gender as a Tool and a Weapon (through Jan 21)
An intergenerational group of artists explore gender beyond the binary to usher in more fluid and inclusive expressions of identity through a variety of mediums and genres, including film, video, performance, painting, sculpture, photography, and craft.
Family Programs: Join museum educators for creative free family programs the first Saturday of every month.
Strollers/Diapers: Spacious elevators are stroller friendly.
Eat & Treats: So many yummy treats in this happening neighborhood. Try healthy French and Moroccan casual fare (and a famous avocado toast) at Café Gitane (242 Mott St) or innovative ice cream flavors at Morgenstern’s Finest Ice Cream (2 Rivington).
Other Tips: Research online or talk to the friendly staff to find out if there's any works your kids aren't ready for (mine are still asking about a painting of Superman's private parts).
- Trigger: Gender as a Tool and a Weapon Sunday, October 1–Sunday, January 21 12:00 am
- First Saturdays For Families Saturday, February 3 10:00 am–12:00 pm
- First Saturdays For Families Saturday, March 3 10:00 am–12:00 pm
- First Saturdays For Families Saturday, April 7 10:00 am–12:00 pm
- First Saturdays For Families Saturday, May 5 10:00 am–12:00 pm
- First Saturdays For Families Saturday, June 2 10:00 am–12:00 pm