Museum of Modern Art (MoMA)
4 West 53rd Street
New York, NY
Daily 10 am-5:30 pm
$25, $18/seniors, $14/students, free/ages 16 & under
$85+. Includes $5 guest passes and free film screenings among its many perks
The newly renovated, decidedly kid-friendly MoMA has spacious galleries and elevators, engaging interactive exhibits, occasional performance art and awesome kids programs and hands-on creative spaces.
* Enter from either West 53rd or 54th street. Tickets can be purchased online in advance to save time.
* Van Gogh’s Starry Night, Henri Rousseau’s The Dream and Matisse’s Dance are just a few of the blockbuster masterpieces on the must-see fifth floor. Go early and see those first to avoid crazy crowds.
* Look out for an actual helicopter in the stairwell.
* Visit the Education and Family Information Desk on the second floor of the Museum for Family Activity Guides, information on Family Programs, and suggestions from volunteers.
* MoMA Audio: Kids, a free audio program for kids ages 5-12, is available at the Audio Program desks on the first and sixth floors.
* More great tips on visiting with kids.
Always exciting and decidedly kid-friendly, MoMA has spacious galleries and engaging exhibits. Feel the joy of the rainbow Sol Lewitt murals, relax in the lovely sculpture garden, see the very cool Donald Judd exhibit, explore the trippy world of Félix Fénéon in a new exhibit and so much more modern…More Info