Museum of Modern Art (MoMA)
4 West 53rd Street
New York, NY
Daily 10 am-5:30 pm
$25, $18/seniors, $14/students, free/ages 16 & under
$85+. Includes $5 guest passes and free film screenings among its many perks
The newly renovated, decidedly kid-friendly MoMA has spacious galleries and elevators, engaging interactive exhibits, occasional performance art and awesome kids programs and hands-on creative spaces.
* Enter from either West 53rd or 54th street. Tickets can be purchased online in advance to save time.
* Van Gogh’s Starry Night, Henri Rousseau’s The Dream and Matisse’s Dance are just a few of the blockbuster masterpieces on the must-see fifth floor. Go early and see those first to avoid crazy crowds.
* Look out for an actual helicopter in the stairwell.
* Visit the Education and Family Information Desk on the second floor of the Museum for Family Activity Guides, information on Family Programs, and suggestions from volunteers.
* MoMA Audio: Kids, a free audio program for kids ages 5-12, is available at the Audio Program desks on the first and sixth floors.
* More great tips on visiting with kids.
Ages 4 to 16 can engage in lively discussions and fun activities while looking closely at modern masterpieces and cutting-edge contemporary art in the newly reopened MoMA. One week we discussed why Mark Rothko paintings are like sandwiches then made our own Rothkos from pre-cut paper. Each month a new…More Info