New York, New York
Saturday-Wednesday 10:30 am – 5:30 pm
Thursday & Friday 10:30 am – 8 pm
Always exciting and decidedly kid-friendly, MoMA has spacious galleries and elevators, engaging interactive exhibits, occasional performance art and awesome kids programs and hands-on creative spaces.
$: $25, $18/seniors, $14/students, free/ages 16 & under
Annual Memberships: $85+. Includes $5 guest passes and free film screenings among its many perks.
Free Hours: Friday from 4 - 8 pm, line is often around the block. Up to two adults get in free with kids participating in the weekend Family Gallery Talks.
Current Kid-Friendly Exhibits:
•MoMA Art Lab: Nature (through Dec 31)
Visitors of all ages can discover how artists and designers are inspired by the natural world in a new multisensory installation. Beautiful discovery boxes contain creative activities related to seashells, grass, butterflies, etc. inspired by works in the galleries. Also lots of gorgeous books, building toys and multimedia projects that...
Family Programs: Engaging, free Family Gallery Talks are held on most Saturday and Sunday mornings for ages 4 to 16. On the first Saturday of the month, enjoy new and classic live-action and animated films. Admission is free for family programs and includes access to the museum for up to two adults.
Strollers/Diapers: Strollers can be checked at the coat check in the lobby or easily wheeled around. Changing tables are located in the women's and men's restrooms, near the escalators on each floor. A private restroom on the fifth floor is available for breastfeeding.
Eat & Treats: Casual Cafe 2 on the second floor has yummy Italian food and high chairs. In the summer snack on small plates and gelato in the peaceful Sculpture Garden. Stop by the midtown outpost of the inventive bakery Momofuku Milk Bar two blocks north (15 West 56th Street) for aptly-named crack pie and soft serve cereal milk ice cream.
Other Tips: Visit the Education and Family Information Desk on the second floor of the Museum (near Cafe 2) for Family Activity Guides, information on Family Programs, and suggestions from volunteers. MoMA Audio: Kids, a free audio program for kids ages 5-12, is available at the Audio Program desks on the first and sixth floors.
- MoMA Art Lab: Nature Monday, January 1–Monday, December 31 10:30 am–5:00 pm
- Museum of Modern Art Free Hours Friday, April 27 4:00 pm–8:00 pm
- MoMA Family Gallery Talks Saturday, April 28 10:15 am–11:15 am
- MoMA Family Gallery Talks Sunday, April 29 10:15 am–11:15 am
- Museum of Modern Art Free Hours Friday, May 4 4:00 pm–8:00 pm
- MoMA Family Gallery Talks Saturday, May 5 10:15 am–11:15 am
- MoMA Family Gallery Talks Sunday, May 6 10:15 am–11:15 am
- Museum of Modern Art Free Hours Friday, May 11 4:00 pm–8:00 pm
- MoMA Family Gallery Talks Saturday, May 12 10:15 am–11:15 am
- MoMA Family Gallery Talks Sunday, May 13 10:15 am–11:15 am