New York, New York
Upper East Side
Daily 10 am – 5:45 pm
Open until 7:45 pm Saturday
The striking Frank Lloyd Wright–designed rotunda is reason enough to visit this landmark museum, and exciting, well-designed exhibits and kids’ programs make this a family-friendly setting for contemporary and modern art.
$: $22, $18/students & seniors, free/kids under 12
Annual Memberships: $75+.
Free Hours: Saturday 5:45 - 7:45 pm
Current Kid-Friendly Exhibits:
•Giacometti (through Sep 12)
This comprehensive exhibition, a collaboration with the Fondation Giacometti in Paris, examines anew Italians Sculptor Alberto Giacometti’s practice and his unmistakable aesthetic vocabulary. Featuring important works in bronze and in oil, as well as plaster sculptures and drawings never before seen in this country, the exhibition aims to provide a deeper understanding of this artist, whose intensive focus on the human condition continues to provoke and inspire new generations.
Family Programs: Sundays 1-4 pm, explore exhibition highlights through creative interactive projects in the galleries and head to the Studio Art Lab in the basement to make art inspired by themes and materials seen in the museum.
Strollers/Diapers: Strollers welcome (wee ones on wheels even get their own tours), though be careful on the slanted ramp. Double strollers must be checked but single umbrella strollers are available to borrow.
Eat & Treats: Cafe 3 on the third floor serves sandwiches, pastries, chocolates, coffee, tea, wine, and beer with a spectacular view across Fifth Avenue to Central Park or visit tasty cafe & coffee shopHeavenly Rest Stop a few blocks south.
Other Tips: Pick up a family activity guide at the admissions desk, or visit the (weekends-only) family kiosk for a pack of family fun including a scavenger hunt guide, sketchbook and colored pencils.
At This Location
- Brancusi Thursday, March 1–Sunday, September 30 10:00 am–6:00 pm
- Giacometti Friday, June 8–Wednesday, September 12 10:00 am–5:30 pm
- Guggenheim Stroller Tour Tuesday, August 21 3:00 pm–4:00 pm
- Guggenheim Free Hours Saturday, August 25 5:45 pm–7:45 pm
- Guggenheim Open Studios For Families Sunday, August 26 1:00 pm–4:00 pm
- Guggenheim Free Hours Saturday, September 1 5:45 pm–7:45 pm
- Guggenheim Open Studios For Families Sunday, September 2 1:00 pm–4:00 pm
- Guggenheim Free Hours Saturday, September 8 5:45 pm–7:45 pm
- Second Sunday Family Tour Sunday, September 9 10:30 am–12:00 pm
- Guggenheim Open Studios For Families Sunday, September 9 1:00 pm–4:00 pm