Take a stroll on the unique public park built on a historic freight rail line elevated above the streets on Manhattan’s West Side.
* Lots of nature, art installations & cool design incorporating elements of the original rail line.
* Look for interesting architecture and watch taxis and pedestrians below the 10th Avenue overlook at 17th Street.
* Lounge on wooden chaises and splash in shallow fountains between 14th & 15th Streets.
* Lots of sweet & savory options throughout the park, including Melt Bakery ice cream sandwiches, La Newyorkina paletas, and Berlin Currywurst German street food. Or fuel up at with tons of options at nearby Chelsea Market and explore art & fun in Chelsea/Meatpacking.
* Free reservations required between noon and 6pm on weekends and select holiday Mondays (July 4 & Labor Day).
* Enter via stairs found every few blocks from Gansevoort to 30th Street. Elevators available at 14th Street 23rd Street, or 30th Street. Bathrooms are at 16th Street.