New York, New York
Upper East Side
Tuesday–Saturday 11 am – 6 pm
Sunday 12 pm – 5 pm
This lively museum focuses on the art and culture of Puerto Ricans and all Latin Americans in the United States.
$: $9, $5/students & seniors, free/ages 11 & under
Current Kid-Friendly Exhibits:
•Liliana Porter: Other Situations (through Jan 27)
See a pantheon of cultural figures such as Mickey Mouse, Elvis Presley, Che Guevara, Jesus and Benito Juárez, many in miniature, in Argentinian-American artist Liliana Porters sculptures and photographs exploring representation, image dissemination, public life, reality, labor and self-awareness.
Family Programs: Super Sabados on the third Saturday of every month feature free art-making workshops, storytelling, concerts, and more. The first Wednesday of every month, 1-4 year olds can participate in Coqui Club storytime and art-making.
Eat & Treats: Delicious falafel, salads, smoothies and fries can be found at the seasonal Maoz stand in Central Park at 106th Street.
Other Tips: The Conservatory Garden, one of the loveliest spots in Central Park , is across Fifth Avenue.
At This Location
- Liliana Porter: Other Situations Saturday, October 1–Sunday, January 27 11:00 am–6:00 pm
- Coquí Club: Afrodance Saturday, February 2 9:30 am–10:30 am
- Coquí Club: Afrodance Wednesday, February 6 9:30 am–10:30 am
- Coquí Club Wednesday, March 6 9:30 am–10:30 am
- Coquí Club Wednesday, April 3 9:30 am–10:30 am
- Coquí Club Wednesday, May 1 9:30 am–10:30 am
- Coquí Club Wednesday, June 5 9:30 am–10:30 am
- Coquí Club Wednesday, July 3 9:30 am–10:30 am