Children’s Museum of Manhattan (CMOM)
212 West 83rd Street between Broadway & Amsterdam
New York, NY
Sunday–Friday 10 am – 5 pm
Saturday 10 am – 7 pm
$11, $7/seniors, free/ages 11 months old & younger
Explore interactive, educational exhibits for babies to pre-teens in two-hour sessions.
* Cross a rainbow bridge, learn Spanish, dance in Dora’s bedroom and imaginative play in the spacious Adventures with Dora and Diego.
* Explore what voting is and why it matters, how people effect change by working together, and the role of the president of the United States in Right to Vote.
* Assemble, create, peek into, crawl under, and walk through one of a kind sculptures and installations in Inside Art.
* Step into a playful, comic book version of New York City with a lively team of pigeons, Zip, Zap, and Zoom in Superpowered Metropolis.
* Cool off at a splashy seasonal outdoor Dynamic H2O. Learn about the water cycle, pretend to fish, pump water to the top of a skyscraper, create a 92 mile aqueduct and construct a city at the water’s edge (open 10 am-4:30 pm).
* Enjoy educator-led experiences that may including weekly themed art projects, art scavenger hunts, storytime, dance-time & music.
* New $100 3-month “mini membership” includes unlimited free admission for 2 adults and up to 4 children plus nannies and caregivers, access to members-only hours and events and 15% off purchases at the CMOM Store.
* Private playdates and learning pods available for $500 for up to 25 people.
Admission includes tons of programming and performances. Check out the packed calendar of daily workshops in design, math, science and more. Workshops are divided into ages 4 & under and 5 & over; the latter require same-day registration one hour before at the yellow Visitor Information Desk in the first floor lobby, where you can also pick up tickets to weekend performances from multicultural artists one hour before each show.
Strollers must be left at the coat check. All of the bathrooms have diaper changing tables.