American Museum of Natural History
West 81st Street & Central Park West
New York, NY
Daily 10 am - 5:45 pm
Suggested $22/ages 12-65, $12.50/ages 2-12, $17/students & seniors free/ages 2 & under
NYC kids are the envy of world-wide lovers of dinosaurs, sea creatures, outer space and Ben Stiller for their access to this giant (45 fascinating halls) treasure trove of wonders. The museum’s extensive collection is matched by an array of programs for budding explorers.
* Strollers can roll in at the Rose Center for Earth and Space entrance (81st Street between Columbus & Central Park West) or on Columbus at 79th Street. The Central Park entrance usually has the longest lines – but also really cool dinosaur fossils.
* Buy tickets online to avoid line (or become a member, a great value with lots of perks at $125+)
* Elevators are large but slow and crowded. Most bathrooms have changing tables.
* This popular spot can get crazy crowded. Avoid on holidays, winter break, rainy Sundays, etc, though you can always find a peaceful nook somewhere on the second or third floors.
* Focus your explorations by following one of the popular tour itineraries. On warm days frolic in the fountains on the mezzanine above the Planetarium on 81st Street.
Lovers of dinosaurs, sea creatures, outer space and more can get their animal & nature fix at this giant (45 fascinating halls) treasure trove of wonders. * Online advance timed ticket purchase required, even for members. * Coat check, drinking fountains, IMAX Theater, Planetarium, Discovery Room and touchscreen/interactive elements all currently…More Info