10:00 am–6:00 pm
Whitney Museum of American Art (99 Gansevoort Street)
$22, $18/students & seniors, free/ages 17 & under
This large-scale overview of New York–based artist Zoe Leonard includes photography and sculpture dealing a with a range of themes, including the history of photography, gender and sexuality, loss and mourning, migration, displacement, and the urban landscape. Using repetition, subtle changes of perspective, and shifts of scale, Leonard draws viewers into an awareness of the meanings behind otherwise familiar images or objects.
Eats & Treats: The lobby restaurant Untitled is delicious, surprisingly kid-friendly and has one of the best chocolate chip cookies in the city. Brunch at Bubbes across Washington Street or go down the block for ton of yummy options at Gansevoort Market.
- Where We Are: Selections from the Whitney’s Collection, 1900–1960 Monday, January 1–Monday, December 31 11:00 am–6:00 pm
- Programmed: Rules, Codes, and Choreographies in Art, 1965–2018 Friday, September 28–Sunday, April 14 11:00 am–6:00 pm
- Andy Warhol – From A to B and Back Again Monday, November 12–Sunday, March 31 11:00 am–6:00 pm
- Whitney Pay-As-You-Wish Hours Thursday, December 13 7:00 pm–10:00 pm
- Whitney Stroller Tour Saturday, December 15 9:30 am–10:30 am
- Whitney Open Studio Saturday, December 15 10:30 am–3:00 pm
- Whitney Family Fun: Warhol The Experimenter Saturday, December 15 2:30 pm–4:30 pm
- Whitney Open Studio Sunday, December 16 10:30 am–3:00 pm
- Whitney Pay-As-You-Wish Hours Thursday, December 20 7:00 pm–10:00 pm
- Whitney Open Studio Saturday, December 22 10:30 am–3:00 pm