Winter Village at Bryant Park
Suggested Ages: All, Adult Friendly
* Shop for a wide array of handmade gifts at a a European inspired open-air market (smaller and more spread out this year).
* Watch skaters – or skate yourself on the city’s only free rink ($18-33/skate rentals – varies by day). Online advance reservations required. Penguin skate aids available for younger kids ($22). Capacity is reduced and skate times are shorter.
* A complimentary small drawstring “shoe bag” can be worn onto the ice for shoes and small personal items. For larger items, purchase bag check online. No lockers this year.
* Try all sorts of international food, including ramen, macarons, crepes and chocolate.
* Cozy up with a festive cocktail and food and watch the ice skaters at the now open-air Lodge Deck by Urbanspace.
* Reserve an iceless curling lane at the Curling Café, $250+ for a bubble tent and food and drink for 90 minutes (up to 8 people).
History/military buffs and plane lovers can examine original artifacts, view historic video footage and explore interactive exhibits aboard an actual 1943 aircraft carrier. Lots of indoor and outdoor space to roam with tons to touch, climb and explore.
* The vast majority of the 350,000 square foot Intrepid Museum is available and accessible to visitors,…More info