Metropolitan Museum Of Art (1000 Fifth Avenue at 82nd Street)
$42, $31/ages 10-21, students & seniors
Stop a crazed killer on the loose at the Metropolitan Museum of Art by solving a scavenger hunt he created. Follow a trail of clues and answer tricky questions to narrow the list of suspects, weapons, and places and provide the police with the evidence they need to catch and convict the killer. No knowledge of the museum or art is necessary.
Eats & Treats: Inside the museum, the American Wing Cafe has soups, salads, sandwiches and a gorgeous view of Central Park. 'the cafeteria' in the basement is less scenic but has more selection - pasta, sushi, hot entrees, a frozen yogurt sundae bar and kids' meals that come in cardboard taxis. The Roof Garden has some snacks (and you can bring your own and nosh with a view). Or head to Shake Shack (86th between Lexington & Third) or the chill Pizza Beach (81st & Third). Pick up one of the city's best black-and-white cookies at William Greenberg (1100 Madison between 82nd & 83rd).
- The Met Roof Garden: Huma Bhabha’s We Come In Peace Tuesday, April 17–Sunday, October 28 10:00 am–6:00 pm
- Heavenly Bodies: Fashion and the Catholic Imagination Thursday, May 10–Monday, October 8 10:00 am–5:30 pm
- Toddler Metropolitan Museum of Art Storytime Wednesday, September 26 10:30 am–11:00 am
- Metropolitan Museum Of Art Storytime Wednesday, September 26 3:00 pm–3:30 pm
- Toddler Metropolitan Museum of Art Storytime Thursday, September 27 10:30 am–11:00 am
- Metropolitan Museum Of Art Storytime Thursday, September 27 3:00 pm–3:30 pm
- Start with Art at the Met/Art Trek Thursday, September 27 3:30 pm–4:30 pm
- Toddler Metropolitan Museum of Art Storytime Friday, September 28 10:30 am–11:00 am
- Start with Art at the Met/Art Trek Saturday, September 29 11:00 am–12:00 pm
- Metropolitan Museum Of Art Storytime Sunday, September 30 2:00 pm–2:30 pm