10:30 am–12:30 pm
Metropolitan Museum Of Art (1000 Fifth Avenue at 82nd Street)
$42, $31/ages 10-21, students & seniors
Stop a crazed killer on the loose at the Metropolitan Museum of Art by solving a scavenger hunt he created. Follow a trail of clues and answer tricky questions to narrow the list of suspects, weapons, and places and provide the police with the evidence they need to catch and convict the killer. No knowledge of the museum or art is necessary.
Eats & Treats: Inside the museum, the American Wing Cafe has soups, salads, sandwiches and a gorgeous view of Central Park. 'the cafeteria' in the basement is less scenic but has more selection - pasta, sushi, hot entrees, a frozen yogurt sundae bar and kids' meals that come in cardboard taxis. The Roof Garden has some snacks (and you can bring your own and nosh with a view). Or head to Shake Shack (86th between Lexington & Third) or the chill Pizza Beach (81st & Third). Pick up one of the city's best black-and-white cookies at William Greenberg (1100 Madison between 82nd & 83rd).
- Armenia! Monday, October 22–Sunday, January 13 10:00 am–6:00 pm
- Relative Values: The Cost of Art in the Northern Renaissance Thursday, October 25–Sunday, June 23 10:00 am–5:30 pm
- Metropolitan Museum Tree & Menorah Wednesday, November 21–Sunday, January 6 10:00 am–5:30 pm
- Start with Art at the Met/Art Trek Thursday, December 13 3:30 pm–4:30 pm
- Toddler Metropolitan Museum of Art Storytime Friday, December 14 10:30 am–11:00 am
- Battle! Hip-Hop in Armor Friday, December 14 5:00 pm–8:00 pm
- The Wizard School Scavenger Hunt at The Met Saturday, December 15 10:30 am–12:30 pm
- Metropolitan Museum Of Art Storytime Saturday, December 15 2:00 pm–2:30 pm
- Christmas on Sugarloaf Mountain: An Irish-Appalachian Celebration Sunday, December 16 2:00 pm–4:00 pm
- Toddler Metropolitan Museum of Art Storytime Monday, December 17 10:30 am–11:00 am