10:30 am–3:00 pm
Whitney Museum of American Art (99 Gansevoort Street)
$22, $18/students & seniors, free/ages 17 & under
Join artist and illustrator James Warhol as he talks about life with his Uncle Andy (Andy Warhol) and shares some of his own work at 11 am and 1 pm. Make a flip-book inspired by the artwork and create blotted line drawings in the style of Warhol’s commercial illustrations. Also take short, interactive family tours (10:45 am, 11:45 am & 12:45 pm) of the exhibition to learn more about Warhol’s drawings through lively discussions and fun gallery activities.
Eats & Treats: The lobby restaurant Untitled is delicious, surprisingly kid-friendly and has one of the best chocolate chip cookies in the city. Brunch at Bubbes across Washington Street or go down the block for ton of yummy options at Gansevoort Market.
- Programmed: Rules, Codes, and Choreographies in Art, 1965–2018 Friday, September 28–Sunday, April 14 11:00 am–6:00 pm
- Andy Warhol – From A to B and Back Again Monday, November 12–Sunday, March 31 11:00 am–6:00 pm
- Whitney Stroller Tour: Andy Warhol—From A to B and Back Again Saturday, February 23 9:30 am–10:30 am
- Whitney Open Studio Saturday, February 23 10:30 am–3:00 pm
- Whitney Open Studio Sunday, February 24 10:30 am–3:00 pm
- Whitney Open Studio Saturday, March 2 10:30 am–3:00 pm
- Whitney Open Studio Sunday, March 3 10:30 am–3:00 pm
- Whitney Open Studio Saturday, March 9 10:30 am–3:00 pm
- Whitney Open Studio Sunday, March 10 10:30 am–3:00 pm
- Whitney Open Studio Saturday, March 16 10:30 am–3:00 pm