Whitney Museum of American Art (99 Gansevoort Street)
$22, $18/students & seniors, free/ages 17 & under
Get creative in the Whitney’s Hearst Artspace. Families are invited to make their own artworks inspired by works on view. Each week features a different art making project.
Eats & Treats: The lobby restaurant Untitled is delicious, surprisingly kid-friendly and has one of the best chocolate chip cookies in the city. Brunch at Bubbes across Washington Street or go down the block for ton of yummy options at Gansevoort Market.
- Where We Are: Selections from the Whitney’s Collection, 1900–1960 Monday, January 1–Monday, December 31 11:00 am–6:00 pm
- Mary Corse: A Survey in Light Sunday, July 1–Sunday, November 25 11:00 am–6:00 pm
- Pacha, Llaqta, Wasichay: Indigenous Space, Modern Architecture, New Art Friday, July 13–Sunday, September 30 11:00 am–6:00 pm
- Whitney Pay-As-You-Wish Hours Friday, September 21 7:00 pm–10:00 pm
- Whitney Open Studio: Eckhaus Latta Saturday, September 22 11:00 am–1:00 pm
- Whitney Open Studio Sunday, September 23 10:30 am–3:00 pm
- Whitney Pay-As-You-Wish Hours Friday, September 28 7:00 pm–10:00 pm
- Whitney Open Studio Saturday, September 29 10:30 am–3:00 pm
- Whitney Family Fun: Pacha, Llaqta, Wasichay Saturday, September 29 2:30 pm–4:30 pm
- Whitney Open Studio Sunday, September 30 10:30 am–3:00 pm