Whitney Museum of American Art (99 Gansevoort Street)
$22, $18/students & seniors, free/ages 17 & under
Inspired by the cycles of the planets, rhythms of nature, and changing seasons, artist Sibyl Kempson invites families to make art connected to the spring equinox. Kempson will be there from 11 am to 1 pm to work with participants and answer questions about her practice. This program is in conjunction with the exhibition 12 Shouts to the Ten Forgotten Heavens, a three year series of performances created by Kempson – we saw the performance this fall and oh my, we have lots of questions.
Eats & Treats: The lobby restaurant Untitled is delicious, surprisingly kid-friendly and has one of the best chocolate chip cookies in the city. Brunch at Bubbes across Washington Street or go down the block for ton of yummy options at Gansevoort Market.
- Where We Are: Selections from the Whitney’s Collection, 1900–1960 Monday, January 1–Monday, December 31 11:00 am–6:00 pm
- Mary Corse: A Survey in Light Sunday, July 1–Sunday, November 25 11:00 am–6:00 pm
- Pacha, Llaqta, Wasichay: Indigenous Space, Modern Architecture, New Art Friday, July 13–Monday, September 3 11:00 am–6:00 pm
- Whitney Pay-As-You-Wish Hours Friday, August 24 7:00 pm–10:00 pm
- Whitney Open Studio Saturday, August 25 10:30 am–3:00 pm
- Whitney Open Studio Sunday, August 26 10:30 am–3:00 pm
- Whitney Pay-As-You-Wish Hours Friday, August 31 7:00 pm–10:00 pm
- Whitney Open Studio Saturday, September 1 10:30 am–3:00 pm
- Whitney Open Studio Sunday, September 2 10:30 am–3:00 pm
- Whitney Pay-As-You-Wish Hours Friday, September 7 7:00 pm–10:00 pm