Whitney Museum of American Art
February 25 @ 11:30 am - 6:00 pm
An event every week that begins at 11:30 am on Monday and Thursday, repeating until April 30, 2021
An event every week that begins at 1:30 pm on Friday, repeating until April 30, 2021
An event every week that begins at 1:00 pm on Sunday and Saturday, repeating until April 30, 2021
Suggested Ages: All, Adult Friendly
See bold modern and contemporary American art in a very cool building.
* Find works by American icons Georgia O’Keeffe, Jacob Lawrence, Edward Hopper and the charming Calder’s Circus in The Whitney’s Collection: Selections from 1900 to 1965.
* Crafty kids can get inspiration from striking oversized works using weaving, sewing, textiles, thread, clay, beads, and glass (plus find Snow White). Making Knowing: Craft in Art, 1950–2019.
* Enjoy stunning Hudson River & city views (and discover some cool sculptures) from the multi-floor terrace.
* Find very cool, well-designed books and toys at the small gift shop.
* Precautions include updated circulation routes and limited elevator capacity. All visitors, including members, must book timed tickets in advance. Annual memberships start at $81 and include perks like member-only hours Mon & Thurs 6 pm–7 pm and Sat & Sun 10:30 am–1 pm.
Walk through a large, illuminated, stained glass-like house dubbed “Bombora House,” surrounded by smaller “satellite” house-shaped sculptures. Interact with it via text, prompting a unique programmed light reaction. The latest installment of Tom Fruin’s Icon series of everyday objects reimagined and reinterpreted in steel, colored acrylic glass, and specialized lighting.
Lots of great dining options…More info