Whitney Museum of American Art (99 Gansevoort Street)
$22, $18/students & seniors, free/ages 17 & under
Explore and learn about art together through lively discussion and fun gallery activities in interactive family tours of kid-friendly works on view in current exhibitions. Ticket given out first come, first served at the desk outside the Hearst Artspace on Floor Three. Also stop by the Open Studio (10:30 am–3 pm) for art making inspired by works on view.
Also at 11:45 am & 12:45 pm.
Eats & Treats: The lobby restaurant Untitled is delicious, surprisingly kid-friendly and has one of the best chocolate chip cookies in the city. Brunch at Bubbes across Washington Street or go down the block for ton of yummy options at Gansevoort Market.
- Where We Are: Selections from the Whitney’s Collection, 1900–1960 Monday, January 1–Monday, December 31 11:00 am–6:00 pm
- Mary Corse: A Survey in Light Sunday, July 1–Sunday, November 25 11:00 am–6:00 pm
- Pacha, Llaqta, Wasichay: Indigenous Space, Modern Architecture, New Art Friday, July 13–Sunday, September 30 11:00 am–6:00 pm
- Whitney Pay-As-You-Wish Hours Friday, September 28 7:00 pm–10:00 pm
- Whitney Open Studio Saturday, September 29 10:30 am–3:00 pm
- Whitney Family Fun: Pacha, Llaqta, Wasichay Saturday, September 29 2:30 pm–4:30 pm
- Whitney Open Studio Sunday, September 30 10:30 am–3:00 pm
- Whitney Pay-As-You-Wish Hours Friday, October 5 7:00 pm–10:00 pm
- Whitney Open Studio Saturday, October 6 10:30 am–3:00 pm
- Whitney Open Studio Sunday, October 7 10:30 am–3:00 pm