10:30 am–5:30 pm
Museum of Modern Art (MoMA) (4 West 53rd Street)
Explore the exceptional work of socialist Yugoslavia’s leading architects featuring modernist architecture and forward-thinking contributions still resonate today. Includes more than 400 drawings, models, photographs, and film reels and the sculptural interior of the White Mosque in rural Bosnia, the post-earthquake reconstruction of the city of Skopje based on Kenzo Tange’s Metabolist design, the new town of New Belgrade, with its expressive large-scale housing blocks and civic buildings, and other exciting designs.
Eats & Treats: Casual Cafe 2 on the second floor has yummy Italian food and high chairs. In the summer snack on small plates and gelato in the peaceful Sculpture Garden. Stop by the midtown outpost of the inventive bakery Momofuku Milk Bar two blocks north for aptly-named crack pie and soft serve cereal milk ice cream.
- MoMA Art Lab: Nature Monday, January 1–Monday, December 31 10:30 am–5:00 pm
- MoMA Lounge Friday, June 1–Monday, December 31 12:00 am
- Bodys Isek Kingelez: City Dreams Friday, June 1–Tuesday, January 1 10:30 am–5:30 pm
- Toward a Concrete Utopia: Architecture in Yugoslavia, 1948–1980 Friday, June 1–Tuesday, January 1 10:30 am–5:30 pm
- If Everything Is Sculpture Why Make Sculpture? Saturday, June 16–Monday, September 30 10:30 am–5:30 pm
- Constantin Brancusi Sculpture Wednesday, August 1–Monday, February 18 10:30 am–5:30 pm
- Judson Dance Theater: The Work Is Never Done Monday, October 1–Sunday, February 3 10:30 am–5:30 pm
- The Long Run Friday, November 2–Monday, December 31 10:30 am–5:30 pm
- Museum of Modern Art Pay-As-You-Wish Hours Friday, December 14 4:00 pm–8:00 pm
- MoMA Family Gallery Talks Saturday, December 15 10:15 am–11:15 am