Metropolitan Museum Of Art (1000 Fifth Avenue at 82nd Street)
$42, $31/ages 10-21, students & seniors
Follow in the footsteps of young wizards on a field trip to the Metropolitan Museum of Art in search of art that echoes characters, places and enchanted objects in the famed Harry Potter books and movies. Be prepared to track down a powerful sorceress, a Snape-like potions master, flying owls and dragons, Hagrid-like giants, centaurs and unicorns like those you’d see in the Forbidden Forest, strange mermaids and sharks that seem straight out of the Triwizard Tournament, fierce knights in armor, and cloaked and masked figures as scary as any Death Eater or Dementor. Wizards and muggles alike can play and enjoy this hunt. A great way to discover—or rediscover—the Met.
Eats & Treats: Inside the museum, the American Wing Cafe has soups, salads, sandwiches and a gorgeous view of Central Park. 'the cafeteria' in the basement is less scenic but has more selection - pasta, sushi, hot entrees, a frozen yogurt sundae bar and kids' meals that come in cardboard taxis. The Roof Garden has some snacks (and you can bring your own and nosh with a view). Or head to Shake Shack (86th between Lexington & Third) or the chill Pizza Beach (81st & Third). Pick up one of the city's best black-and-white cookies at William Greenberg (1100 Madison between 82nd & 83rd).
- The Met Roof Garden: Huma Bhabha’s We Come In Peace Tuesday, April 17–Sunday, October 28 10:00 am–6:00 pm
- Heavenly Bodies: Fashion and the Catholic Imagination Thursday, May 10–Monday, October 8 10:00 am–5:30 pm
- Toddler Metropolitan Museum of Art Storytime Monday, September 24 10:30 am–11:00 am
- Toddler Metropolitan Museum of Art Storytime Tuesday, September 25 10:30 am–11:00 am
- Metropolitan Museum Of Art Storytime Tuesday, September 25 3:00 pm–3:30 pm
- Toddler Metropolitan Museum of Art Storytime Wednesday, September 26 10:30 am–11:00 am
- Metropolitan Museum Of Art Storytime Wednesday, September 26 3:00 pm–3:30 pm
- Toddler Metropolitan Museum of Art Storytime Thursday, September 27 10:30 am–11:00 am
- Metropolitan Museum Of Art Storytime Thursday, September 27 3:00 pm–3:30 pm
- Start with Art at the Met/Art Trek Thursday, September 27 3:30 pm–4:30 pm