Museum of the Moving Image (36-01 35 Avenue (at 37 Street) )
$15, $9/students & seniors, $7/ages 3-12, free/2 and under
In this 1978 urban update of The Wizard of Oz, Dorothy (Diana Ross) is a young teacher living in Harlem who is swept away to Oz. Filled with hit songs and an all-star cast (Michael Jackson as the Scarecrow!), this re-imagining of the classic film has become a classic in its own right. After the film, find the set models from The Wiz in the Museum’s Behind the Screen exhibition and learn more about how the movie was made. Also check out the fun exhibition Jim Henson’s World.
Also on Sunday & Monday.
Also at this location:
- Jim Henson’s World Monday, January 1–Monday, December 31 10:00 am–5:30 pm
- Brave Screening Saturday, May 12 11:00 am–12:30 pm
- Brave Screening Sunday, May 13 11:00 am–12:30 pm
- Kiki’s Delivery Service Screening Saturday, May 26 11:00 am–12:30 pm
- Kiki’s Delivery Service Screening Sunday, May 27 11:00 am–12:30 pm
- The Kid Sensory Friendly Screening Saturday, June 2 11:00 am–12:30 pm
- The Kid Screening Sunday, June 3 11:00 am–12:30 pm
- Finding Nemo Screening Saturday, June 16 11:00 am–12:30 pm
- Finding Nemo Screening Sunday, June 17 11:00 am–12:30 pm
More events this week | Sign up for our email list