February 25 @ 12:00 pm - 7:00 pm
An event every week that begins at 12:00 pm on Sunday, Monday and Saturday, repeating until March 31, 2021
An event every week that begins at 12:00 pm on Thursday and Friday, repeating until March 31, 2021
Suggested Ages: All, Adult Friendly
Explore a vast collection that spans millennia and continents. You might get lost searching for iconic favorites in the grand halls and you’ll definitely discover fascinating art that appeals all ages.
* Advance timed tickets required. Temperature checks on entry and face coverings required. Coat check is temporarily closed.
* On crowded days (or any day), enter through the accessible Uris Center for Education entrance on 81st Street to avoid long lines.
* Walk like an Egyptian at the Temple of Dendur and say hello to nearby crocodile and feline statues. Admire enchanting sculptures, fountains and Central Park in the American Wing Courtyard. Compare the chain mail of European knights on horseback with elaborate Japanese samurai gear in Arms and Armor. Be amused and frightened by the oversized carvings of realistic and fantastical creatures in Arts of Africa, Oceania and the Americas. The Van Goghs, Monets and Degas in 19th- And Early 20th-Century European Paintings And Sculptures are a must for all ages. Wander around and be surprised and delighted as your kid finds his or her own favorites.
* The American Wing Cafe is open with a limited menu. Rooftop and other cafes are closed.
* Stream select audio content in the galleries on your phone for free. Audio guide rentals not available.
* Play before or after at the Egyptian-inspired Ancient Playground just north of the museum in Central Park.
* Look at and perhaps print at home the engaging family guides & maps with titles like Explore Arms and Armor: Fierce or Fancy?, Animals All Around and Percy Jackson & the Olympians. No paper maps or guides available on site.
* Prepare for your visit (or reminisce after) by reading You Can’t Take a Balloon into the Metropolitan Museum which pairs the adventures of a balloon flying around NYC with artwork from the Met.
Thursday & Friday: 12 pm – 7 pm
Saturday–Monday: 10 am – 5 pm
Closed Tuesday & Wednesday
See exciting, well-designed exhibits in the striking Frank Lloyd Wright–designed landmark modern museum.
* Through March 18, the main rotunda space and iconic spiral ramp are closed for exhibition installation and admission is reduced.. Visitors may explore the exhibition galleries adjacent to the rotunda and see the changing of exhibitions at select vantage points