Metropolitan Museum Of Art (1000 Fifth Avenue at 82nd Street)
Pay-what-you-wish, suggested $25, free/ages 12 & under
Life-size models of human figures and their parts along with replicas of valued objects from the Museum’s varied collection take over the Met’s Roof Garden in Argentinian artist Adrián Villar Rojas’s site-specific installation. Wacky sculptures and objects lounge, revel and kiss across crowded banquet tables with a stunning view of Central Park. Snacks allowed (and available for purchase – we like the popcorn).
Eats & Treats: Inside the museum, the American Wing Cafe has soups, salads, sandwiches and a gorgeous view of Central Park. 'the cafeteria' in the basement is less scenic but has more selection - pasta, sushi, hot entrees, a frozen yogurt sundae bar and kids' meals that come in cardboard taxis. The Roof Garden has some snacks (and you can bring your own and nosh with a view). Or head to Shake Shack (86th between Lexington & Third) or the chill Pizza Beach (81st & Third). Pick up one of the city's best black-and-white cookies at William Greenberg (1100 Madison between 82nd & 83rd).
- The Met Roof Garden: Huma Bhabha’s We Come In Peace Tuesday, April 17–Sunday, October 28 10:00 am–6:00 pm
- Heavenly Bodies: Fashion and the Catholic Imagination Thursday, May 10–Monday, October 8 10:00 am–5:30 pm
- Toddler Metropolitan Museum of Art Storytime Monday, September 24 10:30 am–11:00 am
- Toddler Metropolitan Museum of Art Storytime Tuesday, September 25 10:30 am–11:00 am
- Metropolitan Museum Of Art Storytime Tuesday, September 25 3:00 pm–3:30 pm
- Toddler Metropolitan Museum of Art Storytime Wednesday, September 26 10:30 am–11:00 am
- Metropolitan Museum Of Art Storytime Wednesday, September 26 3:00 pm–3:30 pm
- Toddler Metropolitan Museum of Art Storytime Thursday, September 27 10:30 am–11:00 am
- Metropolitan Museum Of Art Storytime Thursday, September 27 3:00 pm–3:30 pm
- Start with Art at the Met/Art Trek Thursday, September 27 3:30 pm–4:30 pm