10:00 am–6:00 pm
Metropolitan Museum Of Art (1000 Fifth Avenue at 82nd Street)
Pay-what-you-wish, suggested $25, free/ages 12 & under
Walk around two haunting monumental sculptures of intriguing figures by Pakistani-born artist Huma Bhabha that daughter thinks are zombies and my son thinks are aliens. Actually a commentary on colonialism, war and displacement. The view of Central Park is stunning. Snacks allowed (and available for purchase).
Eats & Treats: Inside the museum, the American Wing Cafe has soups, salads, sandwiches and a gorgeous view of Central Park. 'the cafeteria' in the basement is less scenic but has more selection - pasta, sushi, hot entrees, a frozen yogurt sundae bar and kids' meals that come in cardboard taxis. The Roof Garden has some snacks (and you can bring your own and nosh with a view). Or head to Shake Shack (86th between Lexington & Third) or the chill Pizza Beach (81st & Third). Pick up one of the city's best black-and-white cookies at William Greenberg (1100 Madison between 82nd & 83rd).
- Armenia! Monday, October 22–Sunday, January 13 10:00 am–6:00 pm
- Relative Values: The Cost of Art in the Northern Renaissance Thursday, October 25–Sunday, June 23 10:00 am–5:30 pm
- Metropolitan Museum Tree & Menorah Wednesday, November 21–Sunday, January 6 10:00 am–5:30 pm
- Metropolitan Museum Of Art Storytime Monday, December 10 3:00 pm–3:30 pm
- Toddler Metropolitan Museum of Art Storytime Tuesday, December 11 10:30 am–11:00 am
- Metropolitan Museum Of Art Storytime Tuesday, December 11 3:00 pm–3:30 pm
- Toddler Metropolitan Museum of Art Storytime Wednesday, December 12 10:30 am–11:00 am
- Metropolitan Museum Of Art Storytime Wednesday, December 12 3:00 pm–3:30 pm
- Toddler Metropolitan Museum of Art Storytime Thursday, December 13 10:30 am–11:00 am
- Start with Art at the Met/Art Trek Thursday, December 13 3:30 pm–4:30 pm