September 17 @ 12:00 pm - 7:00 pm
An event every week that begins at 12:00 pm on Sunday, Monday and Saturday, repeating until November 2, 2020
An event every week that begins at 12:00 pm on Thursday and Friday, repeating until October 30, 2020
Suggested Ages: All, Adult Friendly
Explore a vast collection that spans millennia and continents. You might get lost searching for iconic favorites in the grand halls and you’ll definitely discover fascinating art that appeals all ages.
* Advance timed tickets required. Temperature checks on entry and face coverings required. Coat check is temporarily closed.
* The American Wing Cafe is open with a limited menu. Rooftop and other cafes are closed.
* Stream select audio content in the galleries on your phone for free. Audio guide rentals not available.
* On crowded days (or any day), enter through the accessible Uris Center for Education entrance on 81st Street to avoid long lines.
* Look at and perhaps print the engaging family guides & maps with titles like Explore Arms and Armor: Fierce or Fancy?, Animals All Around and Percy Jackson & the Olympians. No paper maps or guides available on site.
* Walk like an Egyptian inside the Temple of Dendur and say hello to nearby crocodile and feline statues. Admire enchanting sculptures, fountains and Central Park in the American Wing Courtyard. Compare the chain mail of European knights on horseback with elaborate Japanese samurai gear in Arms and Armor. Be amused and frightened by the oversized carvings of realistic and fantastical creatures in Arts of Africa, Oceania and the Americas. The Van Goghs, Monets and Degas in 19th- And Early 20th-Century European Paintings And Sculptures are a must for all ages. Wander around and be surprised and delighted as your kid finds his or her own favorites.
* Prepare for your visit (or reminisce after) by reading You Can’t Take a Balloon into the Metropolitan Museum which pairs the adventures of a balloon flying around NYC with artwork from the Met.
Thursday & Friday: 12 pm – 7 pm
Saturday–Monday: 10 am – 5 pm
Closed Tuesday & Wednesday
Explore a vast collection that spans millennia and continents. You might get lost searching for iconic favorites in the grand halls and you’ll definitely discover fascinating art that appeals all…
Enjoy Met’s popular storytime from home. Join museum educators every Thursday to look, listen, sing, and have fun with picture books. Recommended for families with children ages 18 months to…