10:30 am–5:30 pm
Museum of Modern Art (MoMA) (4 West 53rd Street)
$25, $18/seniors, $14/students, free/ages 16 & under
This diverse collection of the continued experimentation of artists long after their breakthrough moments includes blokbuster painting, sculptures, video art and more by Louise Bourgeois, Gego, Joan Jonas, Ellsworth Kelly, Georgia O’Keeffe, Frank Stella, and many others. Check out the kids audio guide, which we got to be part of making – listen for some familiar voices.
Eats & Treats: Casual Cafe 2 on the second floor has yummy Italian food and high chairs. In the summer snack on small plates and gelato in the peaceful Sculpture Garden. Stop by the midtown outpost of the inventive bakery Momofuku Milk Bar two blocks north for aptly-named crack pie and soft serve cereal milk ice cream.
- MoMA Art Lab: Nature Monday, January 1–Tuesday, December 31 10:30 am–5:00 pm
- MoMA Lounge Friday, June 1–Tuesday, December 31 12:00 am
- If Everything Is Sculpture Why Make Sculpture? Saturday, June 16–Monday, September 30 10:30 am–5:30 pm
- The Long Run Friday, November 2–Tuesday, December 31 10:30 am–5:30 pm
- MoMA Family Gallery Talks Saturday, February 23 10:15 am–11:15 am
- MoMA Family Gallery Talks Sunday, February 24 10:15 am–11:15 am
- MoMA Family Gallery Talks Saturday, March 2 10:15 am–11:15 am
- MoMA Family Gallery Talks Sunday, March 3 10:15 am–11:15 am
- MoMA Family Gallery Talks Saturday, March 9 10:15 am–11:15 am
- MoMA Family Films: Shhh! Silent Films Saturday, March 9 12:00 pm–1:00 pm