The Jewish Museum
May 6 @ 11:00 am - 8:00 pm
An event every week that begins at 11:00 am on Sunday, Monday, Friday and Saturday, repeating until May 30, 2021
An event every week that begins at 11:00 am on Thursday, repeating until May 31, 2021
Suggested Ages: All, Adult Friendly
Explore the global Jewish experience through works of fine art, Judaica, antiquities, folk art, ceremonial objects, and broadcast media intelligently organized in gorgeous galleries.
* The ongoing Scenes From the Collection features nearly 600 works from antiquities to contemporary art, a unique mix of artworks and ceremonial objects, including hundreds of stunning menorahs, presented in thematic “scenes” weaving together centuries.
* Watch delicious TV clips from 1979 to 2018 in exhibition “Let’s Eat: Jews and Food on Television.”
* Print out Kids Gallery Guide at home and bring a pencil for interactive exploration and creative inspiration.
* The wonderful Russ & Daughters Cafe is sadly still closed, but Yura on Madison a few blocks North has great savory and sweet take-out plus outdoor tables.
* Shop for delightful toys and books as well as housewares and high-design Judaica in the gift shop.
* Admission is free on Saturdays. The shop and parts of some exhibits are closed for the Sabbath.
Try to open massive stone doors in a massive three-part sculpture on the southeastern edge of Central Park. Moyer’s hybrid sculpture unites imported stone with rock indigenous to the New York region with beautiful inlaid marble fragments. The title pays homage to Public Art Fund founder, Doris C. Freedman (1928-1981)More info
Lovers of dinosaurs, sea creatures, outer space and more can get their animal & nature fix at this giant (45 fascinating halls) treasure trove of wonders.
* Online advance timed ticket purchase required, even for members.
* Download the Museum’s free Explorer app. for maps, self-guided themed tours, behind-the-scenes stories about exhibits, quizzes, and…More info
See exciting, well-designed exhibits in the striking Frank Lloyd Wright–designed landmark modern museum.
* April 30 through June 21, Christian Nyampeta transforms the Guggenheim’s iconic rotunda into a “night school” with a screening of his 2018 video Sometimes It Was Beautiful about group of friends gathering to watch and critique films made by Swedish…More info
Each year, more than 200 bird species make an appearance in Central Park, a popular stopover along the Atlantic Flyway. Discover how to spot and respectfully appreciate these winged wonders with park birding guides, stationed at Charles A. Dana Discovery Center Plaza Saturdays 11 am–1 pm and Belvedere Castle Sundays 11 am–1 pm.
Also borrow…More info
Join MusicTalks for a specail tribute to the most beloved film tunes featuring a string quartet. From Star Wars to Harry Potter, Breakfast in Tiffany’s to Forest Gump, celebrate the beauty of film music!
Bring a folding chair/blanket – snacks, drinks, and questions encouraged.
Exact address will be provided the day of the concert.More info