Museum of Modern Art (MoMA) (4 West 53rd Street)
$25, $18/seniors, $14/students, free/ages 16 & under
See bright colors, vibrant shapes, and interesting creatures in the paintings of celebrated Brazilian artist Tarsila do Amaral plus drawings, sketchbooks, photographs, and historical documents.
Eats & Treats: Casual Cafe 2 on the second floor has yummy Italian food and high chairs. In the summer snack on small plates and gelato in the peaceful Sculpture Garden. Stop by the midtown outpost of the inventive bakery Momofuku Milk Bar two blocks north for aptly-named crack pie and soft serve cereal milk ice cream.
Also at this location:
- MoMA Art Lab: Nature Monday, January 1–Monday, December 31 10:30 am–5:00 pm
- MoMA Lounge Friday, June 1–Monday, December 31 12:00 am
- Bodys Isek Kingelez: City Dreams Friday, June 1–Tuesday, January 1 10:30 am–5:30 pm
- If Everything Is Sculpture Why Make Sculpture? Saturday, June 16–Monday, September 30 10:30 am–5:30 pm
- Drawing in the Sculpture Garden Thursday, July 26 1:00 pm–3:00 pm
- MoMA Summer Thursdays Thursday, July 26 5:30 pm–8:30 pm
- Museum of Modern Art Free Hours Friday, July 27 4:00 pm–8:00 pm
- MoMA Summer Thursdays Thursday, August 2 5:30 pm–8:30 pm
- Museum of Modern Art Free Hours Friday, August 3 4:00 pm–8:00 pm
- MoMA Summer Thursdays Thursday, August 9 5:30 pm–8:30 pm