Cooper Hewitt, Smithsonian Design Museum ( 2 East 91st Street)
Build in the engaging, moveable Imagination Playground in the terrace and garden of the Cooper Hewitt (which is fun for all ages on the inside as well) and join master storyteller Jonathan Kruk for stories inspired by the Cooper Hewitt collection from 11 am–1 pm. Also check out the gorgeous Manahttan Color Walk installation. Enter via the garden entrance on 90th street.
Wednesdays through August 1.
Eats & Treats: Get pizza, panini, salads and biscotti in the museum's cafe and gorgeous Compartes chocolate bars in the gift shop. The excellent cupcakes and other sweet treats are the main lure at Yura on Madison (between 91st & 92nd Street) but delicious healthier entrees, sides & sandwiches are also available. Or head to the Russ & Daughters Cafe in the Jewish Museum across the street.
- Saturated: The Allure and Science of Color Tuesday, May 1–Sunday, January 13 10:00 am–6:00 pm
- The Senses: Design Beyond Vision Tuesday, May 1–Sunday, October 28 10:00 am–6:00 pm
- Morning at the Museum Saturday, September 22 9:00 am–10:30 am
- Design Kids At Cooper Hewitt: Fun With Textiles Saturday, September 22 11:00 am–3:00 pm
- Cooper Hewitt Pay-As-You-Wish Hours Saturday, September 22 6:00 pm–9:00 pm
- Cooper Hewitt Pay-As-You-Wish Hours Saturday, September 29 6:00 pm–9:00 pm
- Cooper Hewitt Pay-As-You-Wish Hours Saturday, October 6 6:00 pm–9:00 pm
- Design Fest Saturday, October 13 11:00 am–4:00 pm
- Cooper Hewitt Pay-As-You-Wish Hours Saturday, October 13 6:00 pm–9:00 pm
- Cooper Hewitt Pay-As-You-Wish Hours Saturday, October 20 6:00 pm–9:00 pm