Cooper Hewitt, Smithsonian Design Museum ( 2 East 91st Street)
Create with guest designers and artists. Workshops are geared toward kids ages 5 through 12.
Eats & Treats: Get pizza, panini, salads and biscotti in the museum's cafe and gorgeous Compartes chocolate bars in the gift shop. The excellent cupcakes and other sweet treats are the main lure at Yura on Madison (between 91st & 92nd Street) but delicious healthier entrees, sides & sandwiches are also available. Or head to the Russ & Daughters Cafe in the Jewish Museum across the street.
Also at this location:
- Hear, See, Play: Designing With Sound Friday, December 1–Sunday, July 29 10:00 am–6:00 pm
- Saturated: The Allure and Science of Color Tuesday, May 1–Sunday, January 13 10:00 am–6:00 pm
- The Senses: Design Beyond Vision Tuesday, May 1–Sunday, October 28 10:00 am–6:00 pm
- Manhattan Color Walk Friday, June 15–Saturday, July 28 8:00 am–6:00 pm
- Imagination Playground at Cooper Hewitt Wednesday, July 25 11:00 am–3:00 pm
- Imagination Playground at Cooper Hewitt Wednesday, August 1 11:00 am–3:00 pm