Studio BFPL: Lunar New Year
February 26 @ 5:00 pm - 7:00 pm
An event every week that begins at 5:00 pm on Friday, repeating until March 12, 2021
An event every week that begins at 1:00 pm on Sunday, repeating until March 14, 2021
An event every week that begins at 10:00 am on Monday, repeating until March 8, 2021
Suggested Ages: All, Adult Friendly
Experience intimate, one-of-a-kind, live performances that are socially distant, within the indoor spaces of Brookfield Place. Up to six people who have traveled together can watch 15-20 minutes performances by New York Chinese Cultural Center in honor of the Lunar New Year. Friday evening perform
* Online registration opens on the Monday before each show at 10 am. Waitlist available (and it moves – we have gotten off the wait list before).
* Friday (5-7 pm) sessions feature dance performances; Sunday (1-4 pm) feature music.
* All performers will either be wearing face coverings, or there will be a plexiglass barrier between them and the audience.
* Also skate at a small outdoor rink.
* Feast on lost of food options including Hudson Eats and French market Le District. Asian options include Fuku fried chicken and Num Pang Cambodian inspired sandwiches.
Try to figure out what’s virtual and what’s real in Brooklyn-based artist Anne Vieux’s large-scale vinyl luminous hyperreal “painting.”
Also see Colombian visual artist Tatiana Arocha’s trasnformed flora and fauna that recreates and reimagines endangered ecosystems in a monochromatic palette of black, white, and grey with occasional shimmers of gold
Lots of food options at…More info
Oasis-with-a-view Governors Island opens for the season. Lots of room to roam and play on this 172 acre former military post.
* Relax in Hammock Grove’s cozy hammocks (and say hello to sheep, new this year), find breathtaking 360-degree views in The Hills, get moving on the Play Lawns, and camp out in an Adirondack…More info