9:15 am–10:15 am
New-York Historical Society (70 Central Park West at 77th Street)
Grownups and their children (up to 3 years old) explore America’s past, present, and future in a lively and interactive tour before the museum opens for the day. Includes singing, movement, texture exploration and art-making in the galleries.
Second Friday of the month.
Eats & Treats: Feast on antipasti, artisanal pastas and paninis at Caffe Storico, the museum's classy but kid-friendly eatery or grab pastries and sandwichs at counter service Parliament Espresso and Coffee. Head down 77th Street for burgers and frozen custard at Shake Shack.
- Black Citizenship in the Age of Jim Crow Friday, September 7–Sunday, March 3 10:00 am–6:00 pm
- Harry Potter: A History of Magic Friday, October 5–Sunday, January 27 10:00 am–6:00 pm
- 47% Off New-York Historical Society Friday, November 23–Thursday, January 31 10:00 am–6:00 pm
- Little New-Yorkers New-York Historical Society Storytime Friday, January 18 3:30 pm–4:15 pm
- Living History: Founding Black Harlem Saturday, January 19 12:00 pm–4:00 pm
- Stroller Tour Through History Sunday, January 20 10:15 am–11:00 am
- New-York Historical Society Storytime Sunday, January 20 11:30 am–12:30 pm
- Living History: Founding Black Harlem Sunday, January 20 12:00 pm–4:00 pm
- Living History: Founding Black Harlem Monday, January 21 12:00 pm–4:00 pm
- Little New-Yorkers New-York Historical Society Storytime Tuesday, January 22 3:30 pm–4:15 pm