New-York Historical Society (70 Central Park West at 77th Street)
Grownups and their children (up to 3 years old) explore America’s past, present, and future in a lively and interactive tour before the museum opens for the day. Includes singing, movement, texture exploration, and art-making in the galleries.
Second Friday of the month.
- Walk This Way: Footwear from the Stuart Weitzman Collection of Historic Shoes Thursday, April 20–Monday, October 8 10:00 am–6:00 pm
- Summer of Magic: Treasures from the David Copperfield Collection Thursday, June 15–Sunday, September 16 10:00 am–6:00 pm
- Rockwell, Roosevelt & the Four Freedoms Friday, May 25–Sunday, September 2 10:00 am–6:00 pm
- Little New-Yorkers New-York Historical Society Storytime Tuesday, August 21 3:30 pm–4:15 pm
- Little New-Yorkers New-York Historical Society Storytime Friday, August 24 3:30 pm–4:15 pm
- New-York Historical Society Pay-As-You-Wish Hours Friday, August 24 6:00 pm–8:00 pm
- Living History Saturday, August 25 11:00 am–4:00 pm
- Summer of Magic: Visit a Victorian Magic Lantern Show Saturday, August 25 11:00 am–4:00 pm
- Summer of Magic: Visit a Victorian Magic Lantern Show Sunday, August 26 11:00 am–4:00 pm
- New-York Historical Society Storytime Sunday, August 26 11:30 am–12:30 pm