Whitney Museum of American Art (99 Gansevoort Street)
$25/adult, plus museum admission ($22/adult, $18/senior, free/ages 18 & under)
Whitney Teaching Fellows, PhD candidates in art history, lead an engaging tour for parents and caregivers with babies 0–18 months when the Museum is closed to the public. Crying babies welcome.
Eats & Treats: The lobby restaurant Untitled is delicious, surprisingly kid-friendly and has one of the best chocolate chip cookies in the city. Brunch at Bubbes across Washington Street or go down the block for ton of yummy options at Gansevoort Market.
Also at this location:
- Where We Are: Selections from the Whitney’s Collection, 1900–1960 Monday, January 1–Monday, December 31 11:00 am–6:00 pm
- Mary Corse: A Survey in Light Sunday, July 1–Sunday, November 25 11:00 am–6:00 pm
- Pacha, Llaqta, Wasichay: Indigenous Space, Modern Architecture, New Art Friday, July 13–Monday, September 3 11:00 am–6:00 pm
- Whitney Kids Summer Family Day Saturday, July 21 9:30 am–3:00 pm
- Whitney Stroller Tour Saturday, July 21 9:30 am–10:30 am
- Whitney Open Studio Saturday, July 21 10:30 am–3:00 pm
- Whitney Open Studio Sunday, July 22 10:30 am–3:00 pm
- Whitney Open Studio Saturday, July 28 10:30 am–3:00 pm
- Whitney Open Studio Sunday, July 29 10:30 am–3:00 pm
- Whitney Open Studio Saturday, August 4 10:30 am–3:00 pm