Museum of Modern Art (MoMA) (4 West 53rd Street)
$25, $18/seniors, $14/students, free/ages 16 & under
See five decades of photography by Stephen Shore, a restless interrogator of image making, from the gelatin silver prints he made as a teenager to his current engagement with digital platforms.
Eats & Treats: Casual Cafe 2 on the second floor has yummy Italian food and high chairs. In the summer snack on small plates and gelato in the peaceful Sculpture Garden. Stop by the midtown outpost of the inventive bakery Momofuku Milk Bar two blocks north for aptly-named crack pie and soft serve cereal milk ice cream.
- MoMA Art Lab: Nature Monday, January 1–Monday, December 31 10:30 am–5:00 pm
- MoMA Lounge Friday, June 1–Monday, December 31 12:00 am
- Bodys Isek Kingelez: City Dreams Friday, June 1–Tuesday, January 1 10:30 am–5:30 pm
- The Long Run Friday, June 1–Sunday, November 4 10:30 am–5:30 pm
- If Everything Is Sculpture Why Make Sculpture? Saturday, June 16–Monday, September 30 10:30 am–5:30 pm
- Drawing in the Sculpture Garden Thursday, August 23 1:00 pm–3:00 pm
- MoMA Summer Thursdays Thursday, August 23 5:30 pm–8:30 pm
- Museum of Modern Art Pay-As-You-Wish Hours Friday, August 24 4:00 pm–8:00 pm
- Drawing in the Sculpture Garden Thursday, August 30 1:00 pm–3:00 pm
- MoMA Summer Thursdays Thursday, August 30 5:30 pm–8:30 pm