11:00 am–12:00 pm
Metropolitan Museum Of Art (1000 Fifth Avenue at 82nd Street)
Pay-what-you-wish, suggested $25, free/ages 12 & under
Fabulous museum educators engage children in conversations and activities related to a few works in the vast collection. Share ideas and enjoy stories, sketching, singing, and other gallery activities that bring works of art to life.
Also at 2 pm.
Eats & Treats: Inside the museum, the American Wing Cafe has soups, salads, sandwiches and a gorgeous view of Central Park. 'the cafeteria' in the basement is less scenic but has more selection - pasta, sushi, hot entrees, a frozen yogurt sundae bar and kids' meals that come in cardboard taxis. The Roof Garden has some snacks (and you can bring your own and nosh with a view). Or head to Shake Shack (86th between Lexington & Third) or the chill Pizza Beach (81st & Third). Pick up one of the city's best black-and-white cookies at William Greenberg (1100 Madison between 82nd & 83rd).
- Relative Values: The Cost of Art in the Northern Renaissance Thursday, October 25–Sunday, June 23 10:00 am–5:30 pm
- Jewelry: The Body Transformed Monday, November 12–Sunday, February 24 10:00 am–6:00 pm
- Metropolitan Museum Of Art Storytime Thursday, January 17 3:00 pm–3:30 pm
- Start with Art at the Met/Art Trek Thursday, January 17 3:30 pm–4:30 pm
- Start with Art at the Met/Art Trek Saturday, January 19 11:00 am–12:00 pm
- Metropolitan Museum Of Art Storytime Sunday, January 20 2:00 pm–2:30 pm
- Metropolitan Museum Of Art Storytime Tuesday, January 22 3:00 pm–3:30 pm
- Metropolitan Museum Of Art Storytime Wednesday, January 23 3:00 pm–3:30 pm
- Metropolitan Museum Of Art Storytime Thursday, January 24 3:00 pm–3:30 pm
- Start with Art at the Met/Art Trek Thursday, January 24 3:30 pm–4:30 pm