Stamford Museum & Nature Center
April 1 @ 9:00 am - December 31 @ 5:00 pm
Suggested Ages: All, Adult Friendly
Try a variety of seasonal indoor and outdoor activities at this large museum & nature center.
* Walk over 80 acres of walking nature trails – including a universally accessible Wheels in the Woods Trail. Follow a brook with pretty waterfalls, look for abundant wildlife (including an otter pond), and learn with interpretive educational signs. Picnic on a maintained woodland meadow.
* Explore the world from an animal’s point of view at Nature’s Playground. Climb to a tree house with a lookout, wind down a tubular slide or zoom down the otter slide. Jump on a bouncing bug, walk across a moving bridge or climb into a hawk’s nest and crawl through an ant’s nest. Dig for fossils in the huge sand pit and become the captain and crew of a boat.
* Meet dozens of farm animals at Heckscher Farm, a picturesque backdrop is dotted with barns, a maple sugar house, organic vegetable garden, open pastures, and
* Look at art at the former Tudor castle-like home of fashion designer and department store owner Henri Willis Bendel and admire several pieces of Italian sculpture on its grounds. The collection includes modern American Art, Native American Art & Artifacts, Natural History of New England, American History and Culture and Connecticut Agriculture.
🛍 Overbrook Nature Center & Gift Shop is open on weekends 10 am–4 pm.
Explore 75 live exhibits featuring more than 2,700 marine animals of 300 species at this aquarium devoted to Long Island Sound.
* See big and small sharks, stingrays, harbor seals, sea turtles, game fish, jellies, crabs, lobsters, mollusks and more. Plus see non-marine animals including tamarins and meerkats.
* Touch tanks are open with stingrays,…More info