Spring Lake Beach
June 11 @ 9:00 am - 6:00 pm
An event every day that begins at 9:00 am, repeating until September 6, 2021
An event every week that begins at 9:00 am on Sunday and Saturday, repeating until September 6, 2021
Suggested Ages: All, Adult Friendly
This beautiful beach with a long boardwalk in a small seaside community manages crowds with daily online ‘Beach Badges.’ Select a date and area on the website, then pick up at the Spring Lake Train Station (Mon-Fri 8 am–3 pm & Sat-Sun 8 am–5 pm).
* Lifeguards on duty 9 am-6 pm daily.
* No playgrounds on this quiet beach but lots of sand and waves.
* Plenty of free parking on Ocean Ave.
* Only small soft coolers with food and non-alcoholic beverages permitted. Some leave larger coolers on the boardwalk.
* Visit the shopping district on 3rd Ave for beach chairs, children’s beach toys, umbrellas, lotions, food, clothes & more.
* Masks required when accessing the bathrooms and snack bars.
* About a 1.5 hour dive from midtown Manhattan.
See over 200 species representing animals from around the world including tigers, lions, exotic birds and many more. Indoor areas like Reptile House, Touch Tank, Sea Turtle Recovery, and Penguins are open with one-way traffic patterns and limited capacities.
* Also ride an endangered species carousel, play Safari-themed mini golf ($10-$12), climb the Prehistoric Playground…More info
Lots to explore throughout this large, interactive museum.
* Step inside a giant microscope lens, create your own engineering challenge using foam blocks and wooden shapes, get creative with a giant wall installation made of 952 pixel dials and try more hands=on science.
* Explore multiple routes in the massive suspended Infinity Climber (surrounded by…More info
Drive (slowly) through 1,200 animals from six continents including elephants, rhinos, tigers, giraffes and lions a 350-acre preserve in Jackson, New Jersey (about 1.5 hours from Manhattan). The safari takes about an hour or two depending on traffic (and animals crossings – they can get very close).
The audio guide is mostly safety instructions. Download…More info
Paddle a swan-shaped boat on the Orange Reservoir. Boats seat 2 or 4. For ages 2+. Tickets sold on a first come, first served basis. No advanced sales. Weekends only
Also play on the Children’s Regatta Playground with a wave-like rubberized safety surface and a series of play equipment designed to look like boats. A…More info