American Museum of Natural History (West 81st Street & Central Park West)
suggested $22/ages 12-65, $12.50/ages 2-12, $17/students & seniors free/ages 2 & under
In a highly experiential exhibition, explore 11 funhouse-like spaces that dare you to trust your senses, then show you how what we perceive is not simply a window into the world around us but a product of our brains. Plus, discover why we have senses and what’s unique about human perception during an interactive session hosted by a live presenter.
Eats & Treats: Go casual at Shake Shack across Columbus, home of delicious cheeseburgers and decadent frozen concretes (including a 'Natural History Crunch-stellation'), or avoid the crowds and cross 77th Street for antipasti, artisanal pastas and paninis at classy Caffe Storico in the New-York Historical Society. The new larger Levain Bakery (home of the famous giant chocolate chip cookies) is a few blocks west at Amsterdam & 77th Street.
- Unseen Oceans Monday, March 12–Sunday, August 18 10:00 am–6:00 pm
- American Museum of Natural History Discovery Room Tuesday, January 1–Saturday, November 30 10:00 am–5:45 pm
- Gateway Storytime Friday, March 1 10:00 am–11:45 am
- The Wizard School Scavenger Hunt 2: The Museum of Magical History Saturday, March 2 10:30 am–12:00 pm
- Gateway Storytime Friday, March 8 10:00 am–11:45 am
- Gateway Storytime Friday, March 15 10:00 am–11:45 am
- Gateway Storytime Friday, March 22 10:00 am–11:45 am
- Gateway Storytime Friday, March 29 10:00 am–11:45 am
- Gateway Storytime Friday, April 5 10:00 am–11:45 am
- Gateway Storytime Friday, April 12 10:00 am–11:45 am