Metropolitan Museum Of Art (1000 Fifth Avenue at 82nd Street)
Pay-what-you-wish, suggested $25, free/ages 12 & under
On the centenary of the death of Auguste Rodin (1840–1917), The Metropolitan Museum of Art celebrates its historic collection of the artist’s work. Nearly 50 marbles, bronzes, plasters, and terracottas by Rodin are displayed in the newly installed and refurbished B. Gerald Cantor Sculpture Gallery. The exhibition features iconic sculptures such as The Thinker and The Hand of God, as well as masterpieces such as The Tempest that have not been on view in decades. Paintings from The Met collection by some of Rodin’s most admired contemporaries, including his friends Claude Monet (1840–1926) and Pierre Puvis de Chavannes (1824–1898), are presented in dialogue with the sculptures on display.
Eats & Treats: Inside the museum, the American Wing Cafe has soups, salads, sandwiches and a gorgeous view of Central Park. 'the cafeteria' in the basement is less scenic but has more selection - pasta, sushi, hot entrees, a frozen yogurt sundae bar and kids' meals that come in cardboard taxis. The Roof Garden has some snacks (and you can bring your own and nosh with a view). Or head to Shake Shack (86th between Lexington & Third) or the chill Pizza Beach (81st & Third). Pick up one of the city's best black-and-white cookies at William Greenberg (1100 Madison between 82nd & 83rd).
- Armenia! Monday, October 22–Sunday, January 13 10:00 am–6:00 pm
- Relative Values: The Cost of Art in the Northern Renaissance Thursday, October 25–Sunday, June 23 10:00 am–5:30 pm
- Toddler Metropolitan Museum of Art Storytime Friday, November 16 10:30 am–11:00 am
- Metropolitan Museum Of Art Storytime Saturday, November 17 2:00 pm–2:30 pm
- Toddler Metropolitan Museum of Art Storytime Monday, November 19 10:30 am–11:00 am
- Metropolitan Museum Of Art Storytime Monday, November 19 3:00 pm–3:30 pm
- Toddler Metropolitan Museum of Art Storytime Tuesday, November 20 10:30 am–11:00 am
- Metropolitan Museum Of Art Storytime Tuesday, November 20 3:00 pm–3:30 pm
- Toddler Metropolitan Museum of Art Storytime Wednesday, November 21 10:30 am–11:00 am
- Metropolitan Museum Of Art Storytime Wednesday, November 21 3:00 pm–3:30 pm