Metropolitan Museum Of Art (1000 Fifth Avenue at 82nd Street)
Pay-what-you-wish, suggested $25, free/ages 12 & under
Pretend you’re in a pretty French park among gorgeous paintings, drawings, photographs, prints, illustrated books, and objects that explore French horticultural developments that reshaped the landscape of France and grounded innovative movements—artistic and green—in an era that gave rise to Naturalism, Impressionism, and Art Nouveau. See the works of artists extending from Camille Corot to Henri Matisse, many of whom were gardeners themselves Then go play in Central Park, which was designed in the spirit of Parisian public parks of the same period.
Eats & Treats: Inside the museum, the American Wing Cafe has soups, salads, sandwiches and a gorgeous view of Central Park. 'the cafeteria' in the basement is less scenic but has more selection - pasta, sushi, hot entrees, a frozen yogurt sundae bar and kids' meals that come in cardboard taxis. The Roof Garden has some snacks (and you can bring your own and nosh with a view). Or head to Shake Shack (86th between Lexington & Third) or the chill Pizza Beach (81st & Third). Pick up one of the city's best black-and-white cookies at William Greenberg (1100 Madison between 82nd & 83rd).
- The Met Roof Garden: Huma Bhabha’s We Come In Peace Tuesday, April 17–Sunday, October 28 10:00 am–6:00 pm
- Heavenly Bodies: Fashion and the Catholic Imagination Thursday, May 10–Monday, October 8 10:00 am–5:30 pm
- Metropolitan Museum Of Art Storytime Sunday, August 19 2:00 pm–2:30 pm
- Toddler Metropolitan Museum of Art Storytime Monday, August 20 10:30 am–11:00 am
- Toddler Metropolitan Museum of Art Storytime Tuesday, August 21 10:30 am–11:00 am
- Metropolitan Museum Of Art Storytime Tuesday, August 21 3:00 pm–3:30 pm
- Toddler Metropolitan Museum of Art Storytime Wednesday, August 22 10:30 am–11:00 am
- Metropolitan Museum Of Art Storytime Wednesday, August 22 3:00 pm–3:30 pm
- Toddler Metropolitan Museum of Art Storytime Thursday, August 23 10:30 am–11:00 am
- Metropolitan Museum Of Art Storytime Thursday, August 23 3:00 pm–3:30 pm