See a unique series of large-scale painted wood sculptures—architectural models of Gold Coast castles and forts that served as way stations for more than six million Africans sold into slavery and sent to the Americas and the Caribbean between the sixteenth and nineteenth centuries—by Accra-based artist and craftsman Paa Joe .
* Stop by Chef Daniel's Épicerie Boulud a few blocks south for delicious house-made charcuterie and a selection of artisanal cheeses, alongside home-made soups, salads, sandwiches, fresh baked breads, pastries and more. We love the sausages, macaroons and gelato.
More info on Paa Joe: Gates of No Return
All Events This Week | Public Art & Pop-ups
- Made in New York City: The Business of Folk Art Friday, March 15–Sunday, July 28 11:30 am–7:00 pm
- Families and Folk Art: New York City—Then and Now Saturday, March 30 1:00 pm–2:00 pm
- Families and Folk Art Saturday, May 4 1:00 pm–2:00 pm
- Families and Folk Art Saturday, June 1 1:00 pm–2:00 pm