10:00 am–5:45 pm
American Museum of Natural History (West 81st Street & Central Park West)
Volunteers begin folding in July to complete the 500 creations in the dazzling annual Origami Holiday. This year’s theme is “Oceans of Origami,” with models inspired by the special exhibition Unseen Oceans. Patient volunteers are on hand to teach visitors of all ages the art of origami folding.
Eats & Treats: Go casual at Shake Shack across Columbus, home of delicious cheeseburgers and decadent frozen concretes (including a 'Natural History Crunch-stellation'), or avoid the crowds and cross 77th Street for antipasti, artisanal pastas and paninis at classy Caffe Storico in the New-York Historical Society. The new larger Levain Bakery (home of the famous giant chocolate chip cookies) is a few blocks west at Amsterdam & 77th Street.
- Unseen Oceans Monday, March 12–Sunday, August 18 10:00 am–6:00 pm
- American Museum of Natural History Discovery Room Tuesday, January 1–Saturday, November 30 10:00 am–5:45 pm
- Gateway Storytime Friday, February 22 10:00 am–11:45 am
- Gateway Storytime Friday, March 1 10:00 am–11:45 am
- The Wizard School Scavenger Hunt 2: The Museum of Magical History Saturday, March 2 10:30 am–12:00 pm
- Gateway Storytime Friday, March 8 10:00 am–11:45 am
- Gateway Storytime Friday, March 15 10:00 am–11:45 am
- Gateway Storytime Friday, March 22 10:00 am–11:45 am
- Gateway Storytime Friday, March 29 10:00 am–11:45 am
- Gateway Storytime Friday, April 5 10:00 am–11:45 am