10:00 am–5:45 pm
American Museum of Natural History (West 81st Street & Central Park West)
Volunteers begin folding in July to complete the 500 creations in the dazzling annual Origami Holiday. This year’s theme is “Oceans of Origami,” with models inspired by the special exhibition Unseen Oceans. Patient volunteers are on hand to teach visitors of all ages the art of origami folding.
Eats & Treats: Go casual at Shake Shack across Columbus, home of delicious cheeseburgers and decadent frozen concretes (including a 'Natural History Crunch-stellation'), or avoid the crowds and cross 77th Street for antipasti, artisanal pastas and paninis at classy Caffe Storico in the New-York Historical Society. The new larger Levain Bakery (home of the famous giant chocolate chip cookies) is a few blocks west at Amsterdam & 77th Street.
- Our Senses: An Immersive Experience Monday, November 20–Sunday, January 6 12:00 am
- Unseen Oceans Monday, March 12–Sunday, January 6 10:00 am–6:00 pm
- Origami Holiday Tree Wednesday, November 21–Sunday, January 13 10:00 am–5:45 pm
- Gateway Storytime Friday, December 14 10:00 am–11:45 am
- Gateway Storytime Friday, December 21 10:00 am–11:45 am
- Watson Adventures: The Wizard School Scavenger Hunt 2: The Museum of Magical History Thursday, December 27 10:30 am–12:00 pm
- Gateway Storytime Friday, December 28 10:00 am–11:45 am
- Gateway Storytime Friday, January 4 10:00 am–11:45 am
- Gateway Storytime Friday, January 11 10:00 am–11:45 am
- Gateway Storytime Friday, January 18 10:00 am–11:45 am