American Museum of Natural History (West 81st Street & Central Park West)
Volunteers begin folding in July to complete the 500 creations in the dazzling annual Origami Holiday Tree. Find feathered dinosaurs, alligator hatchlings, and stunning modern birds among other treasured models. Patient volunteers are on hand to teach visitors of all ages the art of origami folding.
Eats & Treats: Go casual at Shake Shack across Columbus, home of delicious cheeseburgers and decadent frozen concretes (including a 'Natural History Crunch-stellation'), or avoid the crowds and cross 77th Street for antipasti, artisanal pastas and paninis at classy Caffe Storico in the New-York Historical Society. The new larger Levain Bakery (home of the famous giant chocolate chip cookies) is a few blocks west at Amsterdam & 77th Street.
- Our Senses: An Immersive Experience Monday, November 20–Sunday, January 6 12:00 am
- Unseen Oceans Monday, March 12–Sunday, January 6 10:00 am–6:00 pm
- Gateway Storytime Friday, November 16 10:00 am–11:45 am
- Watson Adventures: The Wizard School Scavenger Hunt 2: The Museum of Magical History Saturday, November 17 10:30 am–12:00 pm
- Gateway Storytime Friday, November 23 10:00 am–11:45 am
- Gateway Storytime Friday, November 30 10:00 am–11:45 am
- Gateway Storytime Friday, December 7 10:00 am–11:45 am
- Gateway Storytime Friday, December 14 10:00 am–11:45 am
- Gateway Storytime Friday, December 21 10:00 am–11:45 am
- Gateway Storytime Friday, December 28 10:00 am–11:45 am