Suggested Ages: All, Adult Friendly
This 115-acre, 1.1-mile-long manmade Long Island Sound beach (aka “The Bronx Riviera”) has plenty of room for social distancing.
* Features include a two playgrounds – one of them in the sand, a hexagonal-block promenade (bring skates and scooters), a central pavilion, snack bars, , two picnic areas, a large parking lot, and 26 courts for basketball, volleyball, and handball.
* Changing areas and showers available. Swimming allowed while lifeguard on duty after Memorial Day weekend (10 am–6 pm). Water is calm but not always the cleanest.
* Beach access is free for all. Gets crowded and a bit rowdy so come early.
Experience a multisensory presentation of the work of internationally celebrated Japanese artist Yayoi Kusama. Explore the artist’s profound engagement with nature throughout the changing seasons from spring into fall.
* Multiple installations across NYBG’s 250-acre landmark landscape and buildings include Kusama’s signature mirrored environments and organic forms – find polka-dotted sculptures of colossal flora, mesmerizing…More info
Explore 28-acre of gardens and woodlands with more than 4,000 varieties of trees, shrubs, vines, and herbaceous plants and dramatic views of the Hudson River.
The delicious Café has grab-and-go items, snacks and beverages and outdoor seating on a lovely terrace. Or bing your own food to a picnic area by the art gallery.
See tigers, bears, gorillas and over 650 other species of awesome animals at this 265 acres+ zoo.
* Tons of indoor and outdoor attractions – expect lots of walking but strollers welcome and the roads are scenic with pretty trees (and some bold peacocks).
* Learn about gorillas and watch them play in the mostly indoors Congo Gorilla Forest, ride on a ladybug on the Bug Carousel, pet and feed sheep, cows…More info
Enjoy nature-inspired art projects among gorgeous gardens and trees overlooking the Hudson River. Themes change weekly. Registration required, online or by calling 718.549.3200 x251.
Takes place outside on a grassy hill so dress accordingly.
Registration required, online or by calling 718.549.3200 x251.
The number of families able to participate at any given time will be…More info
Explore 28-acre of gardens and woodlands with more than 4,000 varieties of trees, shrubs, vines, and herbaceous plants and dramatic views of the Hudson River. Join a nature-inspired outdoor family art project about seeds & spells (10 am-1 pm)
Enjoy a custom Mother’s Day picnic provided by Wave Hill exclusive caterer Great Performances. Each…More info