New-York Historical Society
February 27 @ 11:00 am - 5:00 pm
An event every week that begins at 11:00 am on Friday, repeating until February 12, 2021
An event every week that begins at 11:00 am on Sunday and Saturday, repeating until April 30, 2021
Suggested Ages: All, Adult Friendly
Learn about the layered, diverse history of NYC at this fascinating museum.
* Although the interactive Children’s Museum is sadly closed, there are kid-friendly objects throughout. Look for a Noah’s Ark toy and historical fire fighting equipment, dragonflies in gorgeous Tiffany Lamps, and more discoveries. Free disposable stylus are available for touchscreens and in-gallery interactives including the incredibly design-your-own Tiffany lamp.
* See historic toy trains, figurines, and miniature models in Holiday Express: Toys & Trains From The Jerni Collection.
* Immersive multi-media films New York Story and We Rise screen alternating on the hour from 12 to 3 pm.
* The wonderful gift shop is open with educational toys, books & more. Packaged food service available at Parliament Espresso and Coffee Bar.
* Special Thursday & Friday mooring hours for members, ages 65+ and immunocompromised.
* Admission is pay-what-your-wish Fridays 6-8 pm.
Lovers of dinosaurs, sea creatures, outer space and more can get their animal & nature fix at this giant (45 fascinating halls) treasure trove of wonders.
* Online advance timed ticket purchase required, even for members.
* Coat check, drinking fountains, IMAX Theater, Planetarium, Discovery Room and touchscreen/interactive elements all currently closed.
* Entrances at Central…More info