New-York Historical Society (70 Central Park West at 77th Street)
$20, $6/ages 5-13, free/ages 4 & under
50% off with this link
From the seventeenth century to the twenty-first, through fiction and through fact, hear tales of New York City and the people who made it great in the charming library on the fabulously interactive children’s floor.
Eats & Treats: Feast on antipasti, artisanal pastas and paninis at Caffe Storico, the museum's classy but kid-friendly eatery or grab pastries and sandwichs at counter service Parliament Espresso and Coffee. Head down 77th Street for burgers and frozen custard at Shake Shack.
- Black Citizenship in the Age of Jim Crow Friday, September 7–Sunday, March 3 10:00 am–6:00 pm
- Harry Potter: A History of Magic Friday, October 5–Sunday, January 27 10:00 am–6:00 pm
- Fortune Tellers from the History of Magic Saturday, November 17 11:00 am–4:00 pm
- Stroller Tour Through History Sunday, November 18 10:15 am–11:00 am
- New-York Historical Society Storytime Sunday, November 18 11:30 am–12:30 pm
- History of Magic Family Days Sunday, November 18 1:00 pm–4:00 pm
- Little New-Yorkers New-York Historical Society Storytime Tuesday, November 20 3:30 pm–4:15 pm
- Thanksgiving Eve Family Celebration Wednesday, November 21 3:00 pm–5:00 pm
- Living History: Thanksgiving and the Civil War Friday, November 23 11:00 am–4:00 pm
- Little New-Yorkers New-York Historical Society Storytime Friday, November 23 3:30 pm–4:15 pm